AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 02, 2012, 01:06:13 AM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2597 Members
Latest Member: miskaudio
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Previous Versions
| | |-+  Cool Edit 2.0 & 2.1, Audition 1.0 & 1.5
| | | |-+  Undocumented (or Underdocumented) Features
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author
Sticky Topic Topic: Undocumented (or Underdocumented) Features  (Read 21460 times)
Reply #15
« on: February 26, 2005, 11:56:50 PM »
PQ Offline

A small thing which may be obvious for many, but I disovered it just today. And I am not sure if it is undocumented, I can't look into the manual right now, but I could not find the feature in the help file.

In EV, click-and-drag on the time axis turns the cursor into a small hand and the waveform moves left or right. Today I found that when I drag the hand beyond the waveform window, then the waveform starts scrolling and the further I drag away from the window, the faster it scrolls. It works also on the vertical (amplitude) axis, and in spectral view on time axis and on frequency axis (if zoomed in).

I found it useful for reviewing a long file for something that was clearly visible in the spectral view.

Paweł Kuśmierek
Reply #16
« on: March 13, 2005, 11:44:20 PM »
bonnder Offline

Buses and submixes:

From here:  http://audiomastersforum.net/amforum/viewtopic.php?t=2894

Q:  DJ_Finsletown

Is there a way of sending channels to more than one bus?

For instance if I set up a bus channel for vocal processing e.g. compression and delay, and a bus channel for vocal effects e.g. vocoder and reverb, is there a way to send certain channels to both busses?

A:  alanofoz

If you make "virtual copies" of tracks, you can send each copy to a different bus. You can make virtual copies using Shift/r-click/drag, as opposed to "unique copies" with Ctrl/r-click/drag.
Reply #17
« on: August 22, 2005, 06:56:22 PM »
bonnder Offline

Scrolling a one-bar measure through waveform:

From Here:
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@94.FkxYeUSPUzu.4@.3bbc0be5/0

Q:  Chris Ford

I've selected a one bar length of audio within a larger waveform and I'd like to be able to scroll that selection through the waveform looking for the perfect loop.

A:  Ozpeter

Atl-rightclick-drag.

Yup, it's pretty obscure, if not undocumented.

Edit view? Ah, no, you can't do it there. But you should be able to undertake that kind of thing in multitrack view anyway, where that function does work.
Reply #18
« on: April 02, 2006, 11:09:25 PM »
bonnder Offline

Editing Radio Industry text field names:

From Here:
http://audiomastersforum.net/amforum/viewtopic.php?t=5122

Q:  Andrew Rose

... I discovered that the program had inserted two markers I'd never seen before.   They look like white cue points - the first is entitled "Intro" and the second "Sec Tone". Neither shows up in the cue list and I've no idea how to get rid of them or use them.  Anyone seen these before and able to enlighten me?

A:  SteveG

To get rid of them, go to Wave Properties>Text Fields and select Radio Industry text field names, and they will appear as times in the relevant sections. If you delete the times, the markers will disappear. Or, you can get rid of them in the standard RIFF header where they appear somewhat confusingly as Digitisation Source and Original Medium - and I gather you aren't supposed to put numbers in those! ... [this info] isn't in the help files or manual.
Reply #19
« on: April 12, 2006, 07:21:00 AM »
bonnder Offline

Insert Silence entry on the Favorites menu in AA 2.0:

From Here:
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@916.HsL4gvbvknP.38@.3bbf469d

Q:  Rando

I have tried to set up a favourite to insert silence but can only see generate tones, noise, or DTMF. Short of creating a script for adding 1 sec of silence, does anyone have another solution?

A:  MusicConductor

In Edit View, go to "Favorites" and drop down to "Edit Favorites". Click on "New," then name it "Insert 1 sec silence" or whatever you like. Assign it a shortcut key. On the "Function" tab, select "Generate\Tones" from the dropdown list. Hit the "Edit Settings" tab, and put all the "Frequency Components" sliders to "0." Just for safety, put the dB volume sliders to minimum also (-80). Delete whatever is in the duration box and replace it with 1. Close out all dialogs (of course, when the "Favorite Changes Not Saved" box comes up, click "yes"), and you're good to go. That's it.

If you have Edit/Preferences (F4) /Data/Smooth Edit Boundaries enabled, your 1 second of silence will be diminished by twice the amount of that setting due to the crossfades. So disable it if you want a hard edit. Or, edit the Generate/Tones duration to take the crossfades into consideration... the possibilities seem vast!
Reply #20
« on: May 19, 2006, 06:31:44 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

From the Adobeforum:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbfd6e4/15

This one's rather neat, and appears to be missing completely from the AA2.0  manual. If you click on Ctrl+Alt+a solo button in MV, you can exclude that channel from the solo operation - the S in the button gets square brackets around it. You can do this to as many channels as you like. The effect is that if you want to try the effect of soloing different tracks with a small selection of other ones, it's relatively easy to do so. Ozpeter says that it's an 'undocumented feature' (AKA bug), but I have suggested that since this is clearly intentional behaviour (because of the brackets appearing), it's simply missing from the documentation.

Now I'm beginning to wonder just how many more of these there are that the developers never let on about...  rolleyes

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: