AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 07:27:44 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  OT Posts
| | |-+  CE/AA lessons in video format.
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author
Sticky TopicLocked Topic Topic: CE/AA lessons in video format.  (Read 24533 times)
« on: November 11, 2003, 01:16:58 AM »
Radiokenny Offline

Hello everyone. I'm taking the CE/AA lessons to the next level. They are going to the video format. They are looking good and in production. Here are 2 basic samples of the lessons. I am going to start out simple and then move to more complex lessons?. like covering the younglove decrackle technique. Do you have any suggestions on topics you would like me to cover? The videos should be available in high and low quality downloads for people with dial up connections.

Just a primer to the lessons:   http://audiomastersforum.net/lessons/setuplesson.avi

Lesson 1:    http://audiomastersforum.net/lessons/lesson1.avi

You may need to download the following codec to see the lessons.  .

http://www.getafile.com/cgi-bin/merlot/get/techsmith/TSCC.exe

Thanks, radiokenny cheesy
Reply #1
« on: November 11, 2003, 05:26:04 AM »
William Rose Offline

I don't know if you're inviting critique of the lessons, or just looking for topics to cover, but I'm going to do the former.......

Plan ahead. Write a script and stick to it. The "live" stream of consciousness approach is....well, awful.

But it looks great !  Cheesy

(BTW, I didn't watch the whole thing. I couldn't)   shocked

William

Dual 2ghz Pentiums , 3 gigs RAM, WinXpPro, AA3, SantaCruz..
Reply #2
« on: November 11, 2003, 02:27:08 PM »
Cal Offline

I'm not at all comprehending what William is getting at... rolleyes rolleyes

The stated purpose of Lesson 1 was accomplished.  There was no deviation from the step-by-step process required for a new user to get sound into the software and on the screen at a selected rate and resolution.  Showing the Windows mixer was a succint visual answer to so many forum questions about "Why can't I hear any sound in ....", which is probably second only to "How do I remove...".

Keep chuggin, Radiokenny.  Doin' fine.    wink

Reply #3
« on: November 11, 2003, 03:39:43 PM »
Radiokenny Offline

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have 10 lessons in production this week and hoping to finish 10 more next week. I think that the video lessons will be a great training tool for businesses and bring many new members to our forums. I know that no other website will surpass us in searchable knowledge. With the synt forum and video tutorials we will be king of the hill.  cheesy
Reply #4
« on: November 17, 2003, 07:04:40 PM »
Radiokenny Offline

This week I should be releasing Adobe Audition and Cool Edit 2.? basic lessons in video format. The lessons are free for everyone to download. These are great for teaching yourself or new employees CE/AA. Become a member of the forums to receive notification when the new lessons are released. The lessons should be available in a compressed format for dial-up users at a later time.

The CE/AA Basic Course #1 will include 8 lessons for cool edit 2.0, 2.1 and adobe audition 1.0. The lessons will be available in the .avi video format. The lessons will cover.

1. Setting up your computer for future lessons
2. Adjusting recording levels and recording into CE/AA.
3. Opening files with CE/AA.
4. How to Highlight and adjust boundaries.
5. Using the Transport display functions.
6. Normalizing the amplitude of a waveform.
7. Changing Amplitude with the amplify presets.
8. Using Amplitude envelopes.
Reply #5
« on: November 17, 2003, 10:17:19 PM »
VoodooRadio Offline

Another great job Kenny!!!  You should start charging for your efforts and stop giving them away for free.

wink

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #6
« on: November 18, 2003, 05:22:47 AM »
Radiokenny Offline

The 1st course is avaliable at http://www.audiomasters.org  cheesy

8 more lessons in course #2 of CE/AA are in production. Remember.... course #2 may only be avaliable to forum members. So.... Sign up today!!! cheesy It's free.  cheesy
Reply #7
« on: November 18, 2003, 03:57:43 PM »
Radiokenny Offline

New update!!!! The first course of my Cool Edit 2000 lessons will be released this week. This course will also include 8 lessons. The audio was produced by ILM productions in dallas. They sound great. Thanks to ILM for dontaing the time and talent for the lessons.  cheesy
Reply #8
« on: December 05, 2003, 11:39:23 PM »
DeluXMan Offline

Will you be doing one on the multitrack latency setting.  That's a good one.  A lot of people anrn't getting that set properly.   Tongue   Keep up this great work!

=DeluX-Man=
Reply #9
« on: January 02, 2004, 09:47:11 PM »

Any news on part 2?  Cheesy
Reply #10
« on: January 02, 2004, 11:54:54 PM »
Radiokenny Offline

Ii is almost finished. Christmas and New Years has stalled the project. I also lost a few lessons because my computer crashed at work. The will be released soon.  Shocked
Reply #11
« on: January 03, 2004, 12:21:53 AM »
VoodooRadio Offline

Cool, I definitely look forward to seeing them.  As always, great job Kenny.  But start charging a tariff.

wink

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #12
« on: January 20, 2004, 05:00:51 PM »

any news on the most anticipated software tutorials this year so far ?  Cheesy
Reply #13
« on: April 30, 2004, 03:38:38 PM »
binarystudios Offline

Anythin...?

Reply #14
« on: October 05, 2004, 10:00:19 PM »
Shady Offline

Is this still an ongoing project, or could this sticky just as well be deleted, because nobody talks about those video tutorials anymore anyway? huh
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: