AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
December 16, 2007, 03:07:34 PM
62675 Posts in 6217 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: tone2
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  General Audio
| | |-+  "FREE" music ?!
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: "FREE" music ?!  (Read 1226 times)
« on: February 14, 2005, 08:39:29 AM »
harmonika Offline

Dear all,

I wonder if there is such a thing as "free" music, i.e. recorded music that I could purchase somewhere and legally use as parts of own audio productions, which I intend to sell for a profit?

I've been looking into "Royalty free music" (freshmusic.com), but it seems to be intended for use as background music (on hold) or similar and is NOT to be fiddled with.

?!

Thanks,
Monika
Reply #1
« on: February 14, 2005, 11:20:38 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

If you have purchased a copy of Audition, then you will have access to Loopology, which gives you the opportunity to create your own, if you want to. This doesn't involve playing anything, so it's quite suitable for people who know what they want when they hear it, and can do simple assemblies of loops.

But it's true that there are usually conditions in the small print of royalty-free (purchase once) music. And these vary quite a bit - it's always worth checking carefully before parting with any money.

Reply #2
« on: February 14, 2005, 11:48:56 AM »
Havoc Offline

Check out the Creative Commons initiative: http://creativecommons.org/

Expert in non-working solutions.
Reply #3
« on: February 14, 2005, 04:27:37 PM »
harmonika Offline

Dear Steve - thanks for that advice.

I thot that loopology died along with Cool Edit.

I do infact have a proper AA 1.0 - where do I find the loopology?

www.loopology.com  does not work anymore.

Cheers,
monika
Reply #4
« on: February 14, 2005, 05:09:56 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Quote from: harmonika
Dear Steve - thanks for that advice.

I thot that loopology died along with Cool Edit.
I do infact have a proper AA 1.0 - where do I find the loopology?
www.loopology.com  does not work anymore.

Adobe took over the entire assets of Syntrillium, including Loopology.
You can find the loops online here.

And you'd better post a reply to your request on the Adobe forum saying that you've found them!

Reply #5
« on: February 14, 2005, 09:11:15 PM »
Mac Offline

Hmm, it's a shame they have only made the .cel files available (which have suffered from mp3 compression).  I'm sure I raised this point a while ago - I don't really want to use low quality samples, even if they are free!  'All of the files are presented in 32-bit resolution to ensure the highest quality when used in your audio or digital video productions' sounds like a lie if the loopology cd's aren't available.

Have Adobe ever suggested they would release the cd again?  I assume it would be illegal for someone here to make it available to the public?

(|-_-|)
Reply #6
« on: February 18, 2005, 04:58:05 PM »
iMediaTouch_Guy Offline

I know when I purchased AA 1.0 and the upgrade to 1.5 that there were two CDs in the jewl case and the second was the loopology disc. So Monika you should have the loopology CD if you have a purchased copy of AA 1.0.

John R. Jordan, CRO
Jordan Broadcast Services
Reply #7
« on: February 19, 2005, 06:43:20 AM »
bonnder Offline

Quote from: AudioVAULT_Guy
... you should have the loopology CD if you have a purchased copy of AA 1.0.

I have a legitimate copy of AA 1.0 and I do not have the loopology CD.  Therefore, I suppose that could be true of others also.  wink

Only if you buy the box do you get the CD's.  If you buy a download you don't.  Or am I wrong?
Reply #8
« on: February 19, 2005, 10:31:11 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Quote from: bonnder

Only if you buy the box do you get the CD's.  If you buy a download you don't.  Or am I wrong?

Quite correct. But if you purchase the download, don't they give you a link to the loop download page along with the purchase confirmation? If they don't, then perhaps they should...

Reply #9
« on: February 19, 2005, 05:24:00 PM »
iMediaTouch_Guy Offline

Quote from: bonnder
... you should have the loopology CD if you have a purchased copy of AA 1.0.

I have a legitimate copy of AA 1.0 and I do not have the loopology CD.  Therefore, I suppose that could be true of others also.  wink

Yes, I purchased the box as I wanted the CDs for backup even though I could have made my own from the download. I also wanted the printed manual which you also get in the box. I'm glad I got the manulal, but it is essentually the help file printed out and bound. I was kinda hoping for some practical advice/tips on some of the features etc.

John R. Jordan, CRO
Jordan Broadcast Services
Reply #10
« on: February 19, 2005, 06:23:59 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Yes, I purchased the box as I wanted the CDs for backup even though I could have made my own from the download. I also wanted the printed manual which you also get in the box. I'm glad I got the manulal, but it is essentually the help file printed out and bound. I was kinda hoping for some practical advice/tips on some of the features etc.

That's why Adobe commissioned the 'Total Training' DVDs. But, whilst these are not cheap, you do get a good practical introduction, and some example files to play with. I've only seen the 1.0 version of this - Jason was going to give me a 1.5 one to review, but due to a slight shipping cock-up (not Adobe, but TT's), they didn't arrive when they should have - and I still haven't seen one.

Reply #11
« on: February 19, 2005, 07:28:20 PM »
bonnder Offline

Quote from: SteveG
... if you purchase the download, don't they give you a link to the loop download page along with the purchase confirmation?

I don't recall whether they gave me a link along with purchase confirmation or whether I got the link from one of the numerous postings on the subject.  I got the link from somewhere and downloaded the loops.  I was just pointing out that when you purchase AA online and download it, the download doesn't come with two CD's in jewel cases. wink  In harmonika's defense, one can have a legitimate copy of AA and not have the CD's.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: