AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
December 16, 2007, 03:30:42 PM
62675 Posts in 6217 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: tone2
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  General Audio
| | |-+  Mackie Tracktion!!!
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Mackie Tracktion!!!  (Read 583 times)
« on: June 12, 2004, 03:35:52 PM »

Well! Remember when I mocked out Mackie Tracktion? I have been playing with the demo, and considering its only $80... I might actually buy it! I LOVE IT! WOW! I'll be able to export those tracks into audition and do my stuff!

ROnC
Reply #1
« on: July 06, 2004, 11:37:12 AM »
Dieter@be Offline

Did you also try Kristal audio engine? (its even free for personal use)
I like it because it many options, inputs etc are so logic in it.  Not to much hassle etc.

When i look at tracktion (also read a review) it looks rather weird...but I haven't actually tried it...yet  Tongue
Reply #2
« on: July 06, 2004, 01:17:44 PM »

its amazing, I've bought it and written my best music so far!

RonC
Reply #3
« on: July 06, 2004, 04:17:17 PM »
Shazbot Offline

Kristal has no MIDI capabilities. I've been messing around with the Tracktion demo and I like it a lot.  Still not sure if I'm going to buy that as opposed to something else, but right now it's the favorite.

http://www.EricHermanMusic.com
- Cool Tunes for Kids -
Reply #4
« on: July 07, 2004, 01:49:57 AM »

it seems like we're not the only ones who love it... Shaz just shell out the $80 when you can, also tracktion 2 will be coming out sometime in a few months!

RonC
Reply #5
« on: July 07, 2004, 03:56:01 PM »
Shazbot Offline

Eh, it's not as simple as that...  Right now, I've got a couple of film score projects I'm working on, and will be doing more work with video in the near future, so I'd really like a program that can have video within it (and also can record VSTi, which is why AA isn't sufficient for that), so I can write and record against the video easier.

I know there are hopes that the next version of Tracktion will have a video window or video track, and that would be great, but right now I could get Cubase SE, which has the video window, for a little more than Tracktion.  I'd rather work with Tracktion than Cubase (I've already got Cubasis VST and Tracktion was what I was looking into as an alternative to that), but I don't necessarily want to wait to see when the next Tracktion version will come out, and gamble as to whether it will even include video.

http://www.EricHermanMusic.com
- Cool Tunes for Kids -
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: