AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
September 17, 2007, 08:10:44 PM
61364 Posts in 6060 Topics by 2049 Members
Latest Member: ieturbo
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Forum Topics
| |-+  Forum Suggestions/Remarks
| | |-+  AudioMasters Internal Bookmark
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: AudioMasters Internal Bookmark  (Read 3247 times)
« on: May 14, 2007, 02:43:23 PM »
Must_know Offline

Is there some sort of internal bookmark feature within the forum that allows you to mark specific threads that you would like to return to later or keep in your favorites? If not, such a feature would be very convenient.

I keep finding myself in a situation where I log onto one computer (e.g. at work) and come across an interesting but lengthy thread that I don’t have time to read in full at the time.  I then go to another computer (e.g. home) and try to find the thread, but it’s a hassle.  There are also threads that I would like to be able to access almost immediately for various reasons, without having to perform a search.  It would be nice if we could select threads that will be saved on a separate (personal) page within the forum.

Reply #1
« on: May 14, 2007, 03:33:48 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

This isn't perfect, but it does work for different locations. Use the 'Send Topic' button at the top of the thread, and email the topic to yourself at home.

Other than that, to add a personal page save facility would require that a forum mod was available for the purpose, and I don't know if there is one - Despised7 probably knows more about that than I do though. Perhaps he'll comment?

Reply #2
« on: May 14, 2007, 04:52:20 PM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

SteveG has the best answer for this in the forum's current state.  There is a modification available that does just what you want, allows members to bookmark their favorite topics.  If there is enough interest in this feature, we can add it.   grin

Reply #3
« on: May 14, 2007, 05:16:33 PM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

The other option is to use the "notify" feature.  A link to the topic will be listed in "Profile > Notifications and Email".  You have the option to receive emails about updates to the topic you are watching, or you can turn that off.  I think this is very similar to a "bookmark" type modification.

Reply #4
« on: May 14, 2007, 05:30:09 PM »
Must_know Offline

SteveG has the best answer for this in the forum's current state. 

Yes, I agree. It will have to do for now.

There is a modification available that does just what you want, allows members to bookmark their favorite topics.  If there is enough interest in this feature, we can add it.   grin

This is sensible. I couldn't ask for more. Hopefully more people will express an interest in this.

The other option is to use the "notify" feature.  A link to the topic will be listed in "Profile > Notifications and Email".  You have the option to receive emails about updates to the topic you are watching, or you can turn that off.  I think this is very similar to a "bookmark" type modification.

I find this feature to be less useful, at least for me (which is all I can comment on), because I'm in the habit of logging in almost daily. But I can see how it would be useful to those that don't log in regularly. 

Reply #5
« on: May 15, 2007, 01:32:02 AM »
blurk Offline

There is a modification available that does just what you want, allows members to bookmark their favorite topics.  If there is enough interest in this feature, we can add it.   grin

This is sensible. I couldn't ask for more. Hopefully more people will express an interest in this.

I'd be interested in this modification.  Over at KVR, I use their "KVRmarks" feature a bit.  OTOH, I've started using del.icio.us to keep my bookmarks because, like you, I move between machine a lot.  My work machine, and several machines at home.  Networked bookmarking sites make these forum modifications less necessary.  There are others besides del.icio.us; that's just the one I happened to pick.
Reply #6
« on: May 15, 2007, 02:41:27 AM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

I find this feature to be less useful, at least for me (which is all I can comment on), because I'm in the habit of logging in almost daily. But I can see how it would be useful to those that don't log in regularly. 

I can certainly understand that!  I'm on the forums many many times a day, so I have no use for email notification.  The reason I brought it up is because of the fact that the notification system also stores a link to the topic you are watching in your profile.  So, this is sort-of like the bookmark system modification . . . . although it is a little out of the way.  cool

Reply #7
« on: May 15, 2007, 04:10:35 AM »
Must_know Offline

I'm sorry Despised7, when you first mentioned the notify feature I didn't realize that a link is created within our profiles, which we can later access.  This is in fact very useful after all.  It is a bit "out of the way" like you said, and a favorite/bookmark feature would be nice, but I'm quite content with it for now...so thanks  smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: