AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
July 17, 2015, 05:40:35 AM
75938 Posts in 8051 Topics by 2825 Members
Latest Member: Josky
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  Hardware and Soundcards
| | |-+  Behringer BCF 2000 B-Control setup for Audition 1.5
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author
Sticky Topic Topic: Behringer BCF 2000 B-Control setup for Audition 1.5  (Read 30044 times)
Reply #15
« on: July 16, 2006, 09:33:04 AM »
dj2quick Offline

hey, i know this thread is a little old, but just wondering if any of you can help me.

i HAD my bcf working with audition 1.5 just fine. but last night i reinstalled windows for a fresh start and now i cant remember how i got it working. i have it selected everywhere for midi in audition and before when i selected "Mackie Control" from the drop down menu, the faders would automatically shoot up. and everything would be fine. but now nothing happens. i know that its working because i can get it to control things via midi in programs like fl studio. and it works fine so im sure its not the driver.  and its in mackie control surface for cubase mode. i know that on here it said to use the NcSo mode, but this is what i used before and it worked fine and i would like to continue using it this way. ive been up 2 days straight and now i just feel hopeless lol. anyone have any ideas? : /
Reply #16
« on: July 16, 2006, 09:36:40 AM »
dj2quick Offline

OH SHIT I DID IT!!! HAHAHAHA!!! *bashes head in for being so stupid* i looked RIGHT over it!!!!! omg. im sorry. xD like 2 seconds after i posted that last reply i went and messed around a little more and found it.  i didnt have it selected under the "Configure" part.
Reply #17
« on: February 12, 2007, 04:19:37 AM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

Updated broken links.  afro

Reply #18
« on: April 28, 2009, 03:42:25 PM »
petealcock Offline

Hi AudioMasters,

This is my first post, after reading up extensively about this subject. Thanks to the earlier posts I have managed to get AA to communicate with my new BCF2000. This was a great triumph, and already has improved useability of the multitrack mixer no-end. (I'm using AA1.5 plus a 1010LT soundcard, and have made a 10-track recording recently)

The thing I can't figure out is what functions in AA are controlled by the BCF. Obviously the faders do the faders in multi-track mixdown, and I've figured out that the top buttons operate the track mutes. I've also sussed that the < and > presets allow you to control tracks 1-8, then 9-16, and 17-24 with each press. However the rest is a mystery. I'd like to use the rotary encoders for useful stuff like comp thresholds and reverb level and so-on. Does anyone know of a defaul allocation list of what knob does what? Also does anyone know how to re-assign the knobs/switches to other functions.

Sorry of this is really basic and obvious. I'm a live sound engineer and way out of my comfort zone with all this MIDI stuff!

Thanks,

Pete.
Reply #19
« on: April 28, 2009, 05:16:07 PM »
ryclark Offline

Somewhere I'm sure I've seen an Audition template for the BCF which you can print and stick on the front panel to label the controls. I can't remember if it was someone here did it or if it was a Behringer download.

Edit. See Reply #13 above. It probably has got lost though in the Adobe forum changes unless Ozpeter managed to rescue it.
Reply #20
« on: May 11, 2009, 03:21:07 PM »
Neil Offline

My sympathies to anyone (including myself) to be stuck with a MIDI problem. Way off my comfort zone too.!

Assuming the BCF2000 is in Mackie Emulation Mode you'll get, as well as those you've found ,the following:-

Solo, Mute, Pan with Pots, EQ 3 way trim with the Pots, All transport functions, and a few others, Cut,Remove Clip, etc. Also various trimming of effects, etc. Not sure about VST's but can check if needed. Basically most important Keyboard Shortcuts. You can find these in AA preferences/options/settings depending on what version ypu have.

I have a PDF of the original template by Alan Foster and Peter Nicholls. I don't know the protocol for reposting this if lost so maybe a note to the moderator? I can email it??

I'm happy so far with the BCF with help from this forum but AA3 has issues with Behringer i'm working thru. AA2 and AA1.5 are fine I think. Issues are mainly Record Drop In but AA2 was OK. Good luck. Neil
Reply #21
« on: October 16, 2009, 05:24:03 PM »
Geniusmusic Offline

My sympathies to anyone (including myself) to be stuck with a MIDI problem. Way off my comfort zone too.!

Assuming the BCF2000 is in Mackie Emulation Mode you'll get, as well as those you've found ,the following:-

Solo, Mute, Pan with Pots, EQ 3 way trim with the Pots, All transport functions, and a few others, Cut,Remove Clip, etc. Also various trimming of effects, etc. Not sure about VST's but can check if needed. Basically most important Keyboard Shortcuts. You can find these in AA preferences/options/settings depending on what version ypu have.

I have a PDF of the original template by Alan Foster and Peter Nicholls. I don't know the protocol for reposting this if lost so maybe a note to the moderator? I can email it??

I'm happy so far with the BCF with help from this forum but AA3 has issues with Behringer i'm working thru. AA2 and AA1.5 are fine I think. Issues are mainly Record Drop In but AA2 was OK. Good luck. Neil

Hi Neal!

Can you give me thar BCF2000 template for AA? I would like to have it, because i bought a new BCF2000, and I'm not aware of all settings...

Thank you!
Reply #22
« on: October 16, 2009, 06:21:47 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

There's a good chance that Alan will pick the thread up, and will arrange a repost here.

Reply #23
« on: October 16, 2009, 07:45:42 PM »
Geniusmusic Offline

There's a good chance that Alan will pick the thread up, and will arrange a repost here.

It would be nice if Alan could post the PDF file...

Sorry for my poor english... I'm from Portugal...  grin
Reply #24
« on: October 16, 2009, 08:17:14 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

It would be nice if Alan could post the PDF file...

Sorry for my poor english... I'm from Portugal...  grin

Okay - I'll forgive you! But that's what I meant by repost - maybe I should have hypenated it so it said re-post; that might have been clearer, perhaps.

Reply #25
« on: October 17, 2009, 12:19:24 PM »
alanofoz Offline

If it wasn't the weekend there would have been an even better chance...

I'll rummage around, it shouldn't be too hard to find, but with less than a fortnight before a (mind boggling) house move it might take a day or two.

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Reply #26
« on: October 17, 2009, 01:07:05 PM »
runaway Offline

Where are you off to now Al?

Reply #27
« on: October 17, 2009, 09:26:58 PM »
alanofoz Offline

Where are you off to now Al?

Wentworth Falls - a change of lifestyle. Also upsizing when we should be downsizing.  undecided

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Reply #28
« on: October 18, 2009, 10:07:05 AM »
alanofoz Offline

You should be able to access the file from here.

(Link earlier in the thread also fixed.)

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Reply #29
« on: October 18, 2009, 02:39:37 PM »
Geniusmusic Offline

You should be able to access the file from here.

(Link earlier in the thread also fixed.)

Thank you Alan!

I'll will try in my AA3 and BCF2000, ans see if it matches. If I discover something else, I'll let you know.

Best regards from Portugal!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: