AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 09:57:30 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  OT Posts
| | |-+  Nice to be here !
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author
Topic: Nice to be here !  (Read 40992 times)
« on: July 14, 2003, 05:37:32 AM »
William Rose Offline

Pretty spiffy guys. Feels like home.  Cool

William

Dual 2ghz Pentiums , 3 gigs RAM, WinXpPro, AA3, SantaCruz..
Reply #1
« on: July 14, 2003, 05:49:05 AM »

I copied your subject line William in my attempt to reply to your post.

Hello,

.......hello,

...............hello...

Nice echo. Gotta kick the tires a bit.

Wonder what the sign about not being able to edit posts means?

rut, ro. shocked

Thanks for the new digs radiokenny! Cheesy

kylen
Reply #2
« on: July 14, 2003, 06:02:26 AM »
kylen Offline

Oh, I got it.  smiley I have to log in first, otherwise on this forum it posts my message as Guest.

I can't edit my post so I better get it right the first time. No re-writing history. smiley

Ed. OK Now that I'm logged in I have editing capability. Oh boy, back to third grade for me! embarassed

Ed. I see Graeme made it over here too. I was wondering if the Bulls had their way with you today! cheesy

Ed. OK I came back in and added the subject line. I'll have to remember that one.

Ed. 8 hours later ! Thanks Despised7 ! Cheesy

Ed. Just adjusted my GMT offset, -8 hours California, but with Daylight Savings Time -7 for now. Everything lines up timewise!

Thanks radiokenny! Cool
Reply #3
« on: July 14, 2003, 06:09:21 AM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

Quote from: William Rose
Pretty spiffy guys. Feels like home.  Cool

Maybe not exactly like home, but a lot nearer to it than that 'other' place.

Now it's down to us to publicise its existence and get people to join us, not only the existing users, but new users as well.

In the meantime, I would like to thank Radiokenny for providing us with the opportunity to carry on in the way we would like, rather than have some big-time corporate thinking shoved down out throats  Cheesy.

I've just read on the old forum that I should also give a vote of thanks to Despised7 for donating the server space.  If there's anyone else I don't know about, then please take it as read that I'm grateful to all of you.

Reply #4
« on: July 14, 2003, 06:11:38 AM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

Quote from: kylen
I see Graeme made it over here too. I was wondering if the Bulls had their way with you today! cheesy

Yes, up early and found this pleasant surprise awaiting me.  Not sure about the reference to 'bulls' though - did I miss something?

Reply #5
« on: July 14, 2003, 06:16:40 AM »
kylen Offline

...the reference to 'bulls'

The American news broadcasts showed Bulls racing thru the streets of Spain! I thought I saw you out there with a sword - maybe not though. Smiley

kylen
Reply #6
« on: July 14, 2003, 06:26:57 AM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

Quote from: kylen

The American news broadcasts showed Bulls racing thru the streets of Spain! I thought I saw you out there with a sword - maybe not though. Smiley

That'll be in Pamplona - a long way from here.  We do have a local bullring, but they only have bullfights once or twice a year.  Personally, I think it's a cruel sport and I'm on the bulls side every time - but that's not a view I share with my neighbours, so I don't normally talk about it with them.

Reply #7
« on: July 14, 2003, 06:35:27 AM »
William Rose Offline

I am a bit confused. I've just been to a couple other sites, and I'm not sure which one is.... Ok, this one is the gift from Despised7. So the others are out. And the 'Timeline' site is just a site, not a forum...   huh

William

Dual 2ghz Pentiums , 3 gigs RAM, WinXpPro, AA3, SantaCruz..
Reply #8
« on: July 14, 2003, 07:06:35 AM »
bonnder Offline

I'm speechless, and thankful, and speechless, and thankful, and a whole lot of other emotions that I'll have to sort through and then come back and post in a more sensible fashion.  I did not expect this so soon.  Maybe I sort of didn't expect this at all (even tho I hoped for it).  Let's be responsible about this.  Let's don't anybody go thumbing their nose at Adobe.  We need to not burn bridges - and all that.  And let's make it clear from the start if we need to help pay for this to keep it running, so that we can make sure that it does keep running.  I'm so excited, my heart is starting to beat.

Thanks everybody.
Reply #9
« on: July 14, 2003, 07:13:27 AM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

Hey!

Cool! Glad to see you guys made it over ok!  Cheesy

Yeah, people can post as guests on this forum. I believe you can change that and force people to register. Not too sure about that though. That really sucks about not being able to edit posts! I dunno if there is an option to change that or not, but I don't recall there being one.

If this starts getting a lot of traffic I know of a host that we could transfer to that is really affordable, and offers great services. I also have another hosting account that offers more bandwidth, so that is another option.

If anybody has any better forum software using PHP, and MySQL then let us know. I'll look to see what I can find, but I've had the best luck with phpBB.

So what's this I hear about a 30-minute posting limit on adobe?

Happy posting all!

Reply #10
« on: July 14, 2003, 08:49:32 AM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

Hey!

Did a little research on the forum. Guests are no longer able to post, instead they are prompted to register with the forum, then they may ask their questions. (Radiokenny, you have the power to create "sticky" notices like on the synt board. I believe whoever you appoint as moderators will also have this capability).

You can "Edit" your posts, but you must first make sure that you are logged in. Cool! (now i have the ability to remove my foot from my mouth).

Sometime soon I will update the forum software. There hasn't been any revolutionary updates, but merely security patches. I plan on doing this tommorow at the butt-crack of dawn in hopes of not interfering with anybody posting. Cheesy

Reply #11
« on: July 14, 2003, 09:00:53 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Hey, it works! And it has a sensible interface! And it's not Adobe...

I think that this is quite a reasonable bit of S/W at first glance - it seems to do the neccessary without making a huge fuss and confusing the **** out of people!

Yeah, there are a few things to discover - but I'd expect that. But at least it's not like the unfriendly mountain-climb that Adobe have set up.

Reply #12
« on: July 14, 2003, 09:46:18 AM »
flingel Offline

Morning all, just checking in. Thanks again to radiokenny  Cool .

flingel
Reply #13
« on: July 14, 2003, 10:09:39 AM »
Bobbsy Offline

Yup!  Here I am!  Proud to be joining the "Fluffies"!  evil

Good to see you all!

Cheers,

Bob (NOT the one with thumb prints!)

Good sound is the absence of bad sound.
Reply #14
« on: July 14, 2003, 10:20:32 AM »
gcdeluxe Offline

check...one..two...check...check.. cheesy

Good job on getting this forum off the ground, I like!  As futile as it is to speculate, it does occur to me that Syntrillium would not be likely to do anything that would get them offside with Adobe, such as jeopardizing the dominance of Adobe's boards by giving the archived posts to a "rival" forum.  And for all I know, Adobe may even own the content of the old forums now anyway.

But I suspect that wherever the old forum posts end up, that's where people with questions will go, and therefore, that is where the most traffic will be.

Anyway, good job Radiokenny!

Gabe

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: