AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
May 03, 2013, 11:22:18 AM
75060 Posts in 7943 Topics by 2736 Members
Latest Member: stationdigital
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  General Audio
| | |-+  prepare audio to make a compilation,best way to have the same volume,help
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: prepare audio to make a compilation,best way to have the same volume,help  (Read 724 times)
« on: March 03, 2013, 03:48:04 PM »
rosanna Offline

Hi

i use only foobar to play music with my laptop , and replaygain

i have installed audition 3 too

all my mp3 are encoded with lame 320kb or preset insane , and some with mp4 (itunes encoder) up to 150kb

now to make a compilation of different soungs , i was used to use foobar replaygain
my foobar settings for compilation
replaygain
source mode ->album
processing -> appy gain
preamo RG -> 0.0DB

when I convert I use foobar dither(lossy  source only) and burn with imgburn

now i have audition 3 too , is there a better way to create an cd audio compilation with a better loudness volume level ?

thanks!

ps does replay gain give the same normalization then wavegain?
Reply #1
« on: March 03, 2013, 08:12:02 PM »
AndyH Offline

That sort of thing isn't the main focus here, although there are no doubt people who understand it quite well. The Hydrogen Audio Forum is really the place to go for such information, if what you want isn't quickly forthcoming here. The subjects are covered in detail in permanent informational parts of the site and  there are always dozens of people eager to talk about the subjects.
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?act=idx
Reply #2
« on: March 03, 2013, 08:20:45 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

That sort of thing isn't the main focus here, although there are no doubt people who understand it quite well. The Hydrogen Audio Forum is really the place to go for such information, if what you want isn't quickly forthcoming here. The subjects are covered in detail in permanent informational parts of the site and  there are always dozens of people eager to talk about the subjects.
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?act=idx

She's asking about how to do this in Audition 3, for heaven's sake. Of course she should be asking it here!

Reply #3
« on: March 04, 2013, 12:15:53 AM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

Effects | Match Volume

Alternatively, look at - http://www.delback.co.uk/volbal/ - which I find to be just as good and easier for a quick and dirty evening out of disparate files.  Well worth the $15 it costs.

If you want to do the job really well, rely on your ears, not software.

Reply #4
« on: March 04, 2013, 06:30:40 AM »
rosanna Offline

Effects | Match Volume

Alternatively, look at - http://www.delback.co.uk/volbal/ - which I find to be just as good and easier for a quick and dirty evening out of disparate files.  Well worth the $15 it costs.

If you want to do the job really well, rely on your ears, not software.

thanks
in short does someone compare the results of replaygain(foobar) and audition match volume ?
i mean replaygain is amazing but audition 3 is a professional software ,i wondering if match volume(i'm assuming) uses a different method to normalize  a bunch of file

about Volume Balancer is cheap ,is so better then  audition 3 or replaygain ?

Reply #5
« on: March 04, 2013, 09:49:44 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

in short does someone compare the results of replaygain(foobar) and audition match volume ?
i mean replaygain is amazing but audition 3 is a professional software ,i wondering if match volume(i'm assuming) uses a different method to normalize  a bunch of file

about Volume Balancer is cheap ,is so better then  audition 3 or replaygain ?

The result you get from all these programs is very similar, and yes they all work the same way.  Audition is professional software, but unfortunately it doesn't have a better way to judge subjective loudness, because there isn't one.

Like Graeme says, if you want to do this properly, use your ears and do it manually - the results are always better.

My test for this sort of software is to check and see whether it rejects any track with Celine Dion on it completely. If it doesn't, it cannot possibly be applying an appropriate level to all tracks...  smiley

Reply #6
« on: March 04, 2013, 12:32:31 PM »
ryclark Offline

You may be better off using replaygain in Foobar since all your tracks are already encoded as .mp3. In order for Audition to match them it will have to convert all your files to .wav to do the matching. This is no bad thing but if you want to use the tracks as mp3s then Audition will have to reencode them leading to some extra loss in quality.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: