AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 09:08:31 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Polls
| | |-+  Live Chat
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Live Chat  (Read 10399 times)
« on: January 02, 2004, 04:53:48 PM »
VoodooRadio Offline

I am just curious as to how many folks ever use the "chat" function.  I have walked in and out of the room on a daily basis and very seldom ever find anyone utilizing it.  Does it serve any useful purpose?

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #1
« on: January 02, 2004, 05:17:59 PM »
Havoc Offline

Sorry to say so, but chat is something I cannot understand. Why would you use that? I do understand that sometimes something more direct than a forum or email is needed, but even then there must be better solutions.

Expert in non-working solutions.
Reply #2
« on: January 02, 2004, 09:51:50 PM »
VoodooRadio Offline

Havoc Posted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry to say so,....
No need to be sorry.  That was my intentions with the poll was to see how many (if any) folks utilize it and if it might be something that could be done away with alltogether and give the Admin types less to have to muddle with.

wink

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #3
« on: January 03, 2004, 12:46:21 AM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

Well, VooDoo is right, of course, there's very little activity there.  I think I have only once found someone else when I have visited (which I do quite often).

What I have suggested, in the past, is that the chat area could be put to some good use if we were to arrange a date, time and subject for discussion, in the hands of a moderator.  Not necessarily one of the existing moderators, but one who actually knew something about the subject being discussed.

There are ways of isolating these 'seminars' in a private area, only accessible by those who wished to join, etc., etc.  I worked out all the basic details for doing this some time ago, but nobody bit then and I doubt they will now.

Unless we put the area to some practical use, there seems little point in keeping it running in the current fashion.

Reply #4
« on: January 03, 2004, 12:50:54 AM »
VoodooRadio Offline

I remember the "seminar" suggestion and thought it was a good one as well.  I too see where the "chat" function could be put to good use, but agree that if it ain't get'n no action, then it could probably be done away with and less headache for the Admin's.

wink

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #5
« on: January 03, 2004, 12:44:08 PM »
Mac Offline

Although I voted that I don't use it, I'm not sure if it needs removing entirely.   Unless the chat requires someone to staff it and keep discussions civil then it doesn't take up any of my time at least, I can't speak for the other admins / mods.  It just sits there, it would infact be more work to delete it and then re-activate it when a seminar was announced Smiley

(|-_-|)
Reply #6
« on: January 03, 2004, 03:01:04 PM »
VoodooRadio Offline

Mac Posted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It just sits there, it would infact be more work to delete it and then re-activate it when a seminar was announced
My intents with this poll was to actually find out how often (if at all) it gets used.  I do step in and out, no less than 2 or 3 times a day and I can count on one hand the times that I've actually found someone there.  If it takes no effort to have it (and more to get rid of it) then by all means leave it sit.

wink

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #7
« on: January 05, 2004, 05:37:01 PM »
AMSG Offline

I look now and then but I've only met someone there once. And I still think that seminars are a good idea!
Reply #8
« on: January 05, 2004, 09:28:58 PM »
plook Offline

I think it's a useful feature and should be left in/alone. Why doesn't someone propose a chat topic and a meeting date/time? Like how about a gossip session over recent events, assuming one can send/receive private messages so as to avoid "libel" Smiley

OK I guess I'm only joking but I would be willing to drop in for a chat session sometime.
Reply #9
« on: January 05, 2004, 10:40:16 PM »
MusicConductor Offline

FWIW, I voted to get rid of the chat feature.  However, a live symposium sounds like a terrific idea, and hope someday we figure out a good reason to use the chat room that way.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: