AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
June 25, 2012, 10:41:07 AM
74353 Posts in 7841 Topics by 2656 Members
Latest Member: gariycook
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0, 3.0 & CS5.5 & 6
| | |-+  Audition CS6 AKA Audition 5
| | | |-+  Launch announcement - CS6
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Launch announcement - CS6  (Read 400 times)
« on: April 23, 2012, 10:40:54 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

On the Adobe forum, Colin has just posted a thread indicating that the 'official' press conference/release is due tomorrow - you can read the thread here. (I would have copied it wholesale, but I haven't asked his permission, so I'm afraid that it's a link to their awful forum software.)

You can find out more about this as well by clicking on our Official Product Page link above. Please note carefully the stuff about the Creative Cloud. If you're just using Audition then their new subscription service almost certainly isn't worth it, but for the whole suite (bearing in mind that there's a discount until August) it might be worth it. But this is very much a YMMV situation, if ever I saw one...

Reply #1
« on: April 23, 2012, 01:50:21 PM »
richlepage Offline

Just saw that at the Adobe forum and thx for also posting here.
Reply #2
« on: April 23, 2012, 03:45:20 PM »
pwhodges Offline

If you have a reason to look at the cloud offering, it is worth reiterating that the substantial introductory discount is permanent for the life of the account it's applied to.

For my part, it'll take more than that to reconcile me with the idea of merely renting software.

Paul
Reply #3
« on: May 07, 2012, 07:30:48 AM »
pwhodges Offline

And there was the download link and serial number, waiting in my Adobe account when I woke up this morning.  I'll try it out after breakfast.   smiley

Paul
Reply #4
« on: May 07, 2012, 01:25:25 PM »
pwhodges Offline

And now I'm a very happy bunny indeed, with a session that has an Ambisonic A-format file on one track, and effects generating B-format, Square surround and stereo on three busses, which can all be rendered simultaneously (I think - I haven't run that bit yet).

smiley smiley smiley

The only compromise is that I am generating 6-channel files which I will then remove 2 blank channels from for storage (I have a simple program to so that, of course).

Paul
Reply #5
« on: May 07, 2012, 05:57:03 PM »
MusicConductor Offline

Oh sweet!  I, unfortunately, am waiting for a box in the mail.
Reply #6
« on: May 07, 2012, 09:55:08 PM »
beetle Offline
Global Moderator

I may hold off on it for a while.  I'm in no particular hurry to get it, as there isn't much I use the multitrack functions for, and I still go back and forth between Audition 3 and 4.  When I can easily back up my settings from AA4, i'll do the upgrade.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: