AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 08:18:28 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  OT Posts
| | |-+  Merry Xmas
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Merry Xmas  (Read 241 times)
« on: December 25, 2011, 08:53:49 AM »
runaway Offline

It's 8pm xmas night and it's been a great day, great company (apart from the in-laws) , great weather, even greater food & drink and as usual I have supped not wisely but too well wink

Merry Xmas all

Reply #1
« on: December 25, 2011, 10:24:24 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Yeah, merry Christmas to you too - although you sound a bit beyond merry!

great company (apart from the in-laws)

Well at least you have in-laws. I don't any more. I used to get on very well with my mother-in-law, although my father-in-law was generally a bit of a PITA. But even he used to improve a bit at Christmas time, though.

I think that any Aussies spending Christmas in the south of the UK this year will feel right at home. It's not quite barbecue on the beach weather, but it's getting on that way. Not like Christmas is supposed to be at all.

Reply #2
« on: December 25, 2011, 11:18:55 AM »
ryclark Offline

Season's Greetings to all our readers.  cheesy
Reply #3
« on: December 25, 2011, 03:57:50 PM »
Havoc Offline

Best wishes to all of you. It doesn't look much like christmass with tree coming getting leafs and some flowers still open but I don't think many mind it.

Expert in non-working solutions.
Reply #4
« on: December 25, 2011, 07:41:15 PM »
pwhodges Offline

Merry Christmas to you all; and here's how to get through it...

Paul
Reply #5
« on: December 25, 2011, 09:35:44 PM »
alanofoz Online

Another (belated) Happy Christmas from Oz. Similar story here to Runaway's*. A bit cooler here though (i.e. Perfect) about 40 min drive away and about 900m difference in altitude. Boxing day morning here but might still catch you late Christmas day.

* No in-laws to contend though, but the family is still here all over the house, sober for the long drive home.

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Reply #6
« on: December 30, 2011, 11:07:42 AM »
Bobbsy Offline

I know what you mean about a bit of altitude...we're up on an 800 metre escarpment about 100km inland from Brisbane and our weather is almost always a few degrees cooler and a lot less humid than the coast--love it up here!

We also had a great Christmas--including our four year old grandson and his dad--no dramas and a lot of good times had by all.  A good supply of Bundaberg rum didn't hurt at all!

I'm way too late to wish anyone a Merry Christmas so, as the 31st is only 3 hours away, I'll be the first to way "Happy New Year" to everyone (as I plan our New Years Eve barbeque.

Good sound is the absence of bad sound.
Reply #7
« on: December 31, 2011, 11:46:42 PM »
alanofoz Online

After the coldest start to summer for over 50 years we still love the weather here. The altitude also allows us to see the spectacular Sydney fireworks from our balcony... a bit less than spectacular from 80km away though! Binocs essential!

So we watched the 9 pm Sydney FWs, walked 1.2km to the local FWs (not in the same class but pretty good - people come from miles around), then the midnight Sydney FWs with a glass of bubbly. The real high life!

Happy New Year to all.

(Couldn't help noticing a few cars leaving our street for the local FWs. The normally deserted streets were packed with cars, so if you drove you then wasted 10 min looking for a parking space, followed by a 600m walk. What were they thinking?)

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: