AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 04:34:32 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0, 3.0 & CS5.5
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 3.0
| | | |-+  Is AA3 Still Available Anywhere?
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Is AA3 Still Available Anywhere?  (Read 353 times)
« on: November 13, 2011, 02:35:43 PM »
KenRyan Offline

Does anyone know if AA3 can still be purchased anywhere?  From what I've read I don't want to upgrade to CS5.5 due to some of the functionality being missing and I've been recommending AA3 to folks.  But if they can't buy it anymore.....well I don't know what editor to recommend.  AA is just a part of my DNA.

Thanks.

Ken
Reply #1
« on: November 14, 2011, 12:02:26 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Looked into this quite extensively recently, and unfortunately there appears to be no legal way of obtaining AA3 any more that I can find. There are several places that appear to be able to provide it, but upon closer inspection, they all obtain it on special order only - and apparently it isn't available that way. Your best bet is to look on somewhere like Ebay, and buy a used copy. Make sure that you get the original disks and authorisation data, and make sure that when you re-authorise it, that you get two authorisations not one. If you only get one, then your vendor has cheated you. And even if you do this, I don't think that the copy you get will be authorised in your name, unless you inform Adobe separately.

Reply #2
« on: November 14, 2011, 11:33:29 AM »
Wildduck Offline

This is now a real problem for anyone wanting to recommend a decent, friendly audio editor that can be purchased legally. CS5.5 is lacking several facilities, and is very expensive for use as a reliable audio editor to plug in to, for example, simple broadcast playout systems.

Ebay isn't really a viable option for many purchasers. I've suggested Sound Forge to a few people, but I don't know how they have got on.
Reply #3
« on: November 25, 2011, 08:22:27 AM »
Liquid Fusion Offline

Amazing..... to hear AA3.0 is not offered for sale by Adobe .......

Reply #4
« on: November 29, 2011, 05:06:49 PM »
Sun Prod Offline

Yeah...if they knew they weren't releasing a "whole" product, you'd think they'd have kept the 3.0 available for those that need it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: