AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 11:34:28 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2597 Members
Latest Member: miskaudio
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  Recordings Showcase
| | |-+  "Varispeed Jam - Revox PR99"
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: "Varispeed Jam - Revox PR99"  (Read 276 times)
« on: October 23, 2011, 10:49:09 PM »
Liquid Fusion Offline

"Varispeed Jam - Revox PR99" - Dedicated to Steve G!!!! - and those here - who know about these beasts!!! At top speed ~ 22ips? vs 15ips std.

Gibson J45 Acoustic Guitar - Neumann TLM 103 mic - Telefunken V76 - Brewer Shettles

Reply #1
« on: October 30, 2011, 02:30:16 PM »
Bert Offline
Never too old to do new things Posts: 200

I am not a connoisseur of this REVOX machine nor do I own one. But it is almost obvious that a broken connection some place in the speed control is the culprit. I would first check the cables and the plugs for the external speed control for a loose or broken connection. I assume that the machine can be run without the external speed control. Does the problem occur then as well ?
Reply #2
« on: October 31, 2011, 06:55:47 PM »
Liquid Fusion Offline

Hi. This is just me fooling with the knob showing the effect of the Revox PR99 varispeed control. Looking forward to using this tool to make interesting background sound effects for upcoming songs. Posted it becasuse it's analog - not a digital effect.

Reply #3
« on: October 31, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
Bert Offline
Never too old to do new things Posts: 200

Sorry - I cannot find the sense behind it ?
Reply #4
« on: November 25, 2011, 07:03:03 AM »
Liquid Fusion Offline

Hi - was just testing the revox to see what slowing / speeding up guitar sounds like - for us as a background effect track a mix. Pitch effect is common in digital. Often thin and distorted. Analog sound is rich. Just a fun post before I use this technique in a song.....

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: