AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 02:25:56 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0, 3.0 & CS5.5
| | |-+  Moved from XP2 to Win7 64 - it don't sound the same.
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Moved from XP2 to Win7 64 - it don't sound the same.  (Read 227 times)
« on: October 12, 2011, 02:29:46 AM »
runaway Offline

First let me say that I have had years of error free rock solid operation with my FF800 under XP2.

I have finally taken the plunge and moved (over a period of weeks) from XP2 on an OC'd Q6600 with Raptor drives to Win7 64 on an OC'd i5 2500 (4.6ghz) with Raptor drives.

Everything appears to be working fine, however, when I open up an existing 'mix' using Audition 3 the mix seems 'hotter', 'clearer' and the vocal track for example is now clipping.

Sure this could be my imagination except that all existing outboard gear is now going into the red where it wasn't previously.

Now nothing has changed except the OS - I realise that this is a bit weird so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply #1
« on: October 12, 2011, 05:37:02 AM »
runaway Offline

I've had a suggestion that the output levels on the FF800 may have been altered by the new driver - I'll have to check that when I get back into the studio in an hour or 2.

I wouldn't have thought that they would change but hey no stupid questions only stupid people - hopefully its that simple.

Edit:
Hold the replies - it seems that the new driver reset the output levels to +4dBu as oppossed to -10dBv
Now all good.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: