AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 03:54:19 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  Hardware and Soundcards
| | |-+  Audio hardware unmatched, please help
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Audio hardware unmatched, please help  (Read 786 times)
« on: October 01, 2011, 10:37:14 PM »
SkinnySeven Offline

Dear all,
I am using Adobe Audition CS5.5 with Windows 7. When I open a new audio file to record my voice, it said that "The sample rates of the audio input and output devices do not match. Audio cannot be recorded until this corrected."

The microphone and headset I use have been set at 44100 Hz with another machine that worked fine. With this new machine, 44100 Hz seemed not to work. Please show me how to correct this problem. Thank you very much.
Reply #1
« on: October 16, 2011, 01:27:12 PM »
M. Flood Offline

I have the EXACT same problem and cannot find ANY mention of it in the "Help" subjects.
I have NO idea where to look in my system to solve this.

My "sound card" i(Realtek) built in to my Asus mother board on a desktop machine. I don't see anything in the configuration of that device that refers to "sample rate"

Has anyone else had and solved this?  I have Audition 3.01 i(re)nstalled and it records just fine other than stopping anytime I click something. 
I have tried the "ASIO" aledged fix for that and doesn't fix it.  I reinstalled 3.0 to regain all the features that were removed for the 5.5 "upgrade".
Reply #2
« on: October 16, 2011, 06:43:46 PM »
ryclark Offline

With which Windows operating system?
Reply #3
« on: October 16, 2011, 07:37:05 PM »
M. Flood Offline

For me, windows 7. 
everything was good with 3.01 while I was on XP (SP3)

I only changed to Win 7 to get more RAM to use with Photoshop. I wish I'd stayed with XP and saved my money.  I got AA 5.5 thinking there would have been improvements.  I miss so much.
Reply #4
« on: October 28, 2011, 10:44:52 PM »
Emmett Offline

In the Realtek Audio Manager setup, you need to select the Default Format at 44,100.  The default is 48000.

Emmett
Reply #5
« on: October 29, 2011, 08:17:06 PM »
Wildduck Offline

In the Realtek Audio Manager setup, you need to select the Default Format at 44,100.  The default is 48000.

Emmett

My understanding, based on a Microsoft statement, was that the default default sample rate setting in Vista was 48kHz for both recording and playback, and that this was changed in Windows 7 so that the default became 44.1kHz.

However, I have just taken delivery of a brand new Thinkpad laptop. After running through the "set up for first use" procedure, I went straight in to the "Manage Audio Devices" area in Windows Control Panel only to discover that the default settings were Recording 44.1, Playback 48kHz. This machine has Realtek audio and these settings are ridiculous.

I then completely wiped and reinstalled Windows 7 on another Lenovo (lesser than Thinkpad) machine with Connexant audio. The pure unLenovo'd Win 7 set up the defaults as 44.1 for both record and playback. I then installed the Connexant "Smart Audio" drivers and there was no change to the 44.1 for both.

I haven't got the Lenovo installation disks for the cheaper machine, so I don't know whether it's Lenovo or Realtek that have got it wrong.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: