AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
January 31, 2012, 01:13:58 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2595 Members
Latest Member: gisnep336
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0, 3.0 & CS5.5
| | |-+  Audition CS5.5 AKA Audition 4
| | | |-+  Find beats command
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Find beats command  (Read 478 times)
« on: August 04, 2011, 12:33:58 PM »
artoix Offline

I wonder where are the 'Find beats' set of commands in Adobe Audition CS5.5? It is gone and there is no a single mention of those on the documentation nor at the forum.

I noticed that Adobe sometimes makes strange, very strange decision in their updates, not to mention completely cracky/buggy CS5 release! Actually, to me Audtion 3.0 in some way seems even more robust and richer in functionality and I'm thinking about downgrading to it.

Any idea on how to find beats now in other way than visually?
Reply #1
« on: August 04, 2011, 02:21:29 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Welcome to the forum.
I wonder where are the 'Find beats' set of commands in Adobe Audition CS5.5? It is gone and there is no a single mention of those on the documentation nor at the forum.

Any idea on how to find beats now in other way than visually?

Since Audition hasn't ever really been music production software in the past, and even less in the present, it's not totally surprising that commands like that have been dropped in the form that they were there previously. You might be able to do something like this with silence detection and markers, but whether this will help you or not, I'm not sure. You can find information about this in the on-line help here.

Primarily Audition is an audio editor. Adobe seem to think that in order to address more of their core market's needs, it has to be repurposed so that it has much better video integration - whilst also still trying to appease its traditional market, which is radio users. Any music requirements come lower than either of those things. That said, it's fine for producing acoustic or classical music, folk and jazz, but that's about where it ends in actual production terms.

Reply #2
« on: August 19, 2011, 10:14:46 AM »
Bobbsy Offline

Late to the party I know, but it's worth mentioning that the Audition developers themselves have posted about the decisions they had to take for CS5.5, along with some thoughts about the future for the software.  They also provide a link for you to put in requests for features you miss/would like to see.

See their post here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/838570?tstart=0

I'm with Steve in that "find beats" is low on my priority list...but I know everyone uses Audition for different things.

Good sound is the absence of bad sound.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: