AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
January 31, 2012, 01:18:49 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2595 Members
Latest Member: gisnep336
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0, 3.0 & CS5.5
| | |-+  Audition CS5.5 AKA Audition 4
| | | |-+  Audition CS5.5 hardware requirements?
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Audition CS5.5 hardware requirements?  (Read 817 times)
« on: June 07, 2011, 11:09:21 PM »
GuidoB Offline

Hi folks,

surprised positively, I found out today that there is a new version available. Disappointed heavily, I found out that some known features will stay out - eternaly or until Adobe decide.

Anyway, since I work for a software company as well I DO know that changing the engine of a product in most cases leads to decreasing the feature list. 80% of important features will be transformed and the rest later, which also depends on customer's demands in terms of time schedule and need. But it also has to do with minimising potential errors/bugs, which also is based on fullfilling the timeline whilst having reduced the costs.

But the concern of my post is missing hardware requirements information. I reckoned it in help file. Unfortunately neither the webpage of AA CS nor the help file could give me an answer if my 8 year old workstation still is capable to deal with AA CS.

By the way... if I should decide to NOT do the update on AA CS5.5, will I be able to proceed with updates the next round (AA CS 6) anyhow?

Best regards
Guido

Speed never kills you - suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you! (J. Clarkson)
Reply #1
« on: June 07, 2011, 11:50:41 PM »
pwhodges Offline

Well, as you can upgrade to v4 (CS5.5) using any version of AA from v1.5 on (but not v1.0), I'd say there's a good chance that for v5 (whatever it gets called - CS6?) any version from v2 on would qualify.  Of course, there could (possibly?) be a v4.1 (CS5.5R2?), in which case I guess the same upgrades as CS5.5 would apply. 

But this is all speculation on my part, of course, as they won't ever tell in advance!

Paul
Reply #2
« on: June 08, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
GuidoB Offline

Thanks, pw,

can anybody tell something about hardware requirements?

Regards
Guido

Speed never kills you - suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you! (J. Clarkson)
Reply #3
« on: June 08, 2011, 09:15:52 PM »
MusicConductor Offline

Guido, glad to hear as a long-time user with high expectations you've some understanding of what Adobe's been through to get this version out.
Technical specs here: http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/tech-specs.html
Free trial download here: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=audition

With all the controversy around this release, I and others here strongly recommend that anyone interested use the trial.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: