AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 02:39:58 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  General Audio
| | |-+  what kind of sound?
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: what kind of sound?  (Read 272 times)
« on: May 26, 2011, 04:14:12 AM »
AndyH Offline

I don't recognize this as a type of LP damage, but it doesn't seem to me to belong to the music. I suppose some kind of percussion accompaniment isn't impossible. I'm not sure what to call the sound, perhaps a mild knocking noise.

It occurs quite frequently in this track and somewhat less in one other. What I believe to be accordion provides the instrumental for both tracks. Perhaps someone more familiar with the type of music would undertake to identify it as a by product sound of the instrument? It would certainly be easier to leave it in place as an unfortunate, but valid, aspect of the recording rather than attempt to excise it from so many places.

In the attached sample it occurs twice in the instrumental opening and three more times with the vocals: right before "on these gritty,"  right before "a blast" and right before "drizzle. I think it is the same thing in all cases, although it is much easier to identify with Spectral View amongst the vocals.
Reply #1
« on: May 26, 2011, 06:20:08 AM »
Andrew Rose Offline

Sounds to me like a mechanical noise coming from the accordion. I certainly would leave it in.

Reply #2
« on: May 26, 2011, 07:30:45 AM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

I'm with Andrew on this.  Sounds like the valves closing on the accordian, maybe the pads are bit hard.

Reply #3
« on: May 26, 2011, 09:45:57 AM »
AndyH Offline

Thanks for the feedback.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: