AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
January 31, 2012, 01:14:27 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2595 Members
Latest Member: gisnep336
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0, 3.0 & CS5.5
| | |-+  Audition CS5.5 AKA Audition 4
| | | |-+  Generate Noise no more possible in AA CS5.5?
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Generate Noise no more possible in AA CS5.5?  (Read 1206 times)
« on: May 22, 2011, 09:56:17 PM »
wlashack Offline

Is there any possibility to generate noise (and tones) in the new version of AA? Thanks.
Reply #1
« on: May 22, 2011, 10:20:07 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

No not yet. That will be implemented in a future update - time not determined.

Reply #2
« on: May 22, 2011, 10:36:56 PM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

No not yet. That will be implemented in a future update - time not determined.

All these things that should already be there, but are destined for a 'future update' - is this going to be a free maintenance release, or are we going to have to pay for another upgrade?

I realise you may not know the answer to this question (or you may, but not in a position to say) but I really think it's a question that needs asking and Adobe should answer.

Reply #3
« on: May 22, 2011, 11:19:04 PM »
alanofoz Offline

All these things that should already be there, but are destined for a 'future update' - is this going to be a free maintenance release, or are we going to have to pay for another upgrade?

I realise you may not know the answer to this question (or you may, but not in a position to say) but I really think it's a question that needs asking and Adobe should answer.

My thinking exactly.

I'm not prepared to buy at this stage, especially at the inflated non-US prices, but a promise of a (series of) free maintenance release(s) would probably tip the scales for me. Otherwise I'll wait for CS6 and re-evaluate.

Actually, on past performance, the only way Adobe are likely to answer such a question would be a maintenance release without prior announcement, which is fine as long as they don't keep us waiting too long.

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Reply #4
« on: May 23, 2011, 12:40:51 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

I honestly don't know. They priced this release as they have a full product in the past, so I would have hoped that there might be some relief when it comes to upgrading it. Thing is, Adobe do have to be a bit careful; most people wouldn't regard having the facilities that AA3 had being returned to AA4 as an 'upgrade' anyway, would they? The only 'upgrade' as far as AA4 was concerned at that point would be anything that was actually added, and the speed increase. And most people would, I think, have regarded the price they've already paid as covering that.

So you could say that on the face of it, they couldn't morally charge anything more at all, could they? But I bet it won't work like that at all. I suspect that their point of view about this would be that if they can deliver most of the backlog of features, and that most of them are enhanced in some way, they'd still be entitled to charge something for future upgrades. But as I said, I really don't know - this is a commercial decision, and also you have to factor in that they're a publicly traded company. And in America, since the Enron fiasco, this has placed certain obligations upon them in terms of Sarbox compliance. And I'll tell you for nothing that even the developers don't know quite where that will lead. At least one of them has confirmed in public that there are definitely implications to it, though - and they are inevitably financial.

I think that the bottom line here is that there will be absolutely 'no comment' for a while...

Reply #5
« on: May 23, 2011, 10:12:12 AM »
wlashack Offline

I hope AA becomes what all its users want it to be - good old AA with all its functionality + improvements and new features. I love what is new in AA but the missing parts of it makes it absolutely useless for my work.
Reply #6
« on: May 26, 2011, 03:25:04 AM »
dobro Offline

I hope AA becomes what all its users want it to be - good old AA with all its functionality + improvements and new features. I love what is new in AA but the missing parts of it makes it absolutely useless for my work.

It's not just the 'missing' features that compromise it for me - it's also the stuff that worked really well for me in 3.0 that they've changed in 5.5.  One comment from an Adobe person suggested that some of these changes I don't like were the result of previous feature requests.  So, now I'm making feature requests to get it back to the way I liked it in 3.0.  It's a bit like a carousel.
Reply #7
« on: May 27, 2011, 06:29:16 AM »
beetle Offline
Global Moderator

I miss the Syntrillium era.

Reply #8
« on: May 27, 2011, 06:47:25 AM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

I miss the Syntrillium era.

Amen to that.

Pages: [1] Print