AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 02, 2012, 12:10:19 AM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2597 Members
Latest Member: miskaudio
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0, 3.0 & CS5.5
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  No waveform display, spectral view is OK
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: No waveform display, spectral view is OK  (Read 860 times)
« on: March 13, 2011, 06:58:03 PM »
ricobasso Offline

I was editing the end of a wav file, when I zoomed back out to the whole file, the front end was missing (flat line). However it is only the waveform view which is missing. If I switch to spectral view the whole file is there. The whole file also plays in AA2.0 and also in WMP!

I tried saving as, closing AA and coming back in, but the problem is still there. The file is just a regular stereo 44.1kHz fs type. Nothing weird.

Anyone come across this before or have a fix?
Reply #1
« on: March 13, 2011, 07:06:09 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Close the file, delete the .pk file associated with it and open the file again. Audition will re-establish the .pk file and you will get your waveform display back.

Reply #2
« on: March 13, 2011, 07:23:51 PM »
ricobasso Offline

That's fixed it  grin. Thank you very much. Is this a well known bug in 2.0? I found nothing with Google.
Reply #3
« on: March 13, 2011, 10:49:53 PM »
AndyH Offline

It isn’t limited to V2.0, it happens occasionally in CE2k and probably everywhere in between. You make changes in the data, sometimes you undo changes. The pk file has to keep up with all these modifications. Sometimes, when enough changes get complicated enough, it doesn’t manage.

There is also an option in Settings, on the System tab in my version, to “Rebuild Wave Display Now.”
Reply #4
« on: March 14, 2011, 11:47:21 AM »
ricobasso Offline

The only System tab I could find in 2.0 is under Edit > Preferences. In there, there is a check box labeled "Auto save for recovery". Is that what you mean?
Reply #5
« on: March 14, 2011, 11:50:31 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

In 3.0.1 (and probably 2.0) it's in Preferences>Data and I'd clean forgotten that it was there because in reality, this hardly ever happens. On newer versions, it's pretty rare, although not completely unknown...

What it does is exactly the same as deleting the .pk file, though.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: