AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 07:50:21 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Third-Party Plugins
| | |-+  Melodyne editor with DNA
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Melodyne editor with DNA  (Read 1288 times)
« on: February 14, 2011, 11:51:31 AM »
MarkT

I finally downloaded the 30 day trial.

I works! It actually does what it shows in the demos. I loaded up a strummed guitar track and within a few seconds the notes spread themselves across the piano roll! I could move indivual notes up and down and then play the new chord! I could copy notes and paste them in new places, I could adjust the pitch, level, start and finish and the amount of tremelo on each individual note.

You can tell I was impressed can't you?

The only problem is, at that price, how often am I going to use it? I can imagine if I had done a once-in-a-lifetime performance apart from one note, I would probably go and buy it just for that, but the rest of the time it's easier to drop in a correction or copy and paste a phrase.

So yay! for the technology, but hmmm for the price!
Reply #1
« on: February 14, 2011, 12:01:09 PM »
runaway Offline

Dont know about the DNA version but Melodyne is good but for price you cant beat the inbuilt AA manual pitch correction.

BTW Dont always assume the 'talent' has the capability of getting the drop -in correct wink

Reply #2
« on: February 14, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
MarkT

I use the normal version of melodyne a lot I find it easier to use than AAs tool. I was really refering to the cost from my amateur, private use perspective. I can't judge it from a professional point of view.
Reply #3
« on: March 16, 2011, 05:26:33 PM »
oretez Offline

I have used melodyne for roughly a decade   have not purchase latest version with DNA yet (it is on the budget)

for occasional home use, if one does not have more money then sense, a 'better' approach (even with limited time being able to be dedicated to recording due to work & family) is practice & overdubs, punching in over an occasional clam . . . even in this case there is problem of organizing multiple takes and the fact the 'one' performance you really like is plagued by issues that melodyne is capable of resolving

I do not use melodyne on everything, find (without the DNA) I use it more to get back up vocals to mesh with lead the way I want then anything else but it is significant for me to be worth the price tag for the upgrade . . . as it was for springing for full version 10 yr. ago and shelling out for several successive upgrades

I have never found tech support or customer service to their particular strong points but after a bit of a learning curve the program is pretty straight forward

I do not thing that the typical user will quite find it productive to accomplish everything the sales pitch promises, but if you generating revenue from recording and editing audio it remains a beneficial tool
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: