AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 03:53:59 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Previous Versions
| | |-+  Cool Edit 96, 2000, 1.2a
| | | |-+  Dare I ask: Windows 7???
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Dare I ask: Windows 7???  (Read 989 times)
« on: December 11, 2010, 10:24:49 PM »
JazzMastaJim Offline

If anyone even reads this forum anymore...

Has anybody successfully installed CoolEdit 2000 on a Windows 7 Home Premium machine? Since Win7 HP (64-bit) doesn't have an XP Compatibility mode, I wonder if it will even work.

I just upgraded to a Win7 HP laptop from a WinXP Pro machine, and I'm finding that some older audio programs & VSTs don't work. I can't find my CE2k registration file, but when I do I guess I'll give it a try.

Jim
Reply #1
« on: December 12, 2010, 09:59:20 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

If anyone even reads this forum anymore...

All new posts, regardless of the forum they are on are checked, pretty much every day, and that's why this site isn't full of spam - it gets deleted pretty much when it arrives.

I have no idea of whether CE2000 will work in W764HP, but it's not XP compatibility that's the issue here - it's from way earlier than that. Which may, somewhat perversely, give you more of a chance...

Reply #2
« on: December 12, 2010, 12:41:56 PM »
Graeme Online
Administrator

If anyone even reads this forum anymore..

That's a bit cheeky, coming from someone who has a total of three posts in nearly four years.

71582 Posts in 7519 Topics by 2336 Members - as of this moment.  Seems to me we're jogging along nicely.

Reply #3
« on: December 12, 2010, 01:01:54 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

If anyone even reads this forum anymore..

That's a bit cheeky, coming from someone who has a total of three posts in nearly four years.

I was actually giving him the benefit of the doubt here, and assuming that he meant that it might not be read because it refers to rather older versions of the software...

Reply #4
« on: December 12, 2010, 07:58:04 PM »
JazzMastaJim Offline

SteveG: Sorry for the confusion; thanks for the response and for the benefit of the doubt! That's exactly what I meant: whether anyone was still reading this specific forum about the obsolete versions of Cool Edit. I was just wondering whether anyone else had managed to make it work on a Win 7/64 platform.

Graeme: Thanks for so thoroughly investigating my posting history in an attempt, however unsuccessful, to determine my "cheekiness" with the utmost accuracy.

Jim
Reply #5
« on: December 13, 2010, 12:00:46 AM »
pwhodges Offline

I have installed CE 2000 on Win7 x64, and done some simple manipulations without any problem.  But I didn't install any add-ons or run the registration program.  But well worth a try, I would think.

Paul
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: