AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 08:27:39 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  Recordings Showcase
| | |-+  Easylee (Acoustic Cover)
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Easylee (Acoustic Cover)  (Read 905 times)
« on: November 27, 2010, 03:42:21 PM »
jpmarques Offline

Hi guys,

Just recorded my second track, this time I played an acoustic cover of Ricardo Villalobos track, Easylee.

Originally it's a classic electronic track, so I went for an acoustic version.

http://soundcloud.com/fuegofuego/easylee-acoustic-cover

Please share your opinions,
Thanks in advance,
Reply #1
« on: December 01, 2010, 10:46:17 AM »
MarkT

Hi,

Nicely recorded - I have nothing to say about the recording quality.
But.... grin Still not really criticism, more a matter of personal taste, I didn't like the strummed chords before the verses begin (and the first lines of the verse) They sound like semi open chords and, on a Spanish guitar, that often sounds very flat unless you use the pick to emphasise different strings as you strum. As soon as you change to chords higher up the neck it sounds a lot better, and the fingerpicked parts are fine as well. Perhaps you could find a different position for those chords, or use a picking pattern to give it a little more dynamics?

Just my personal 2.7345 cents - Nice work! wink
Reply #2
« on: January 20, 2011, 11:28:21 PM »
Keith828 Offline

It's nice but get a Guitarist in, lose the lead it sounds naff, and drop your vocal down into the mix, just a little.
Reply #3
« on: January 21, 2011, 02:46:50 PM »
Cal Offline

For a recording to come across as valid and cohesive the instruments and vocals should appear to be in somewhat the same space. In this case the vocals are very upfront and dry, and the acoustic guitar is very roomy. Add some room to the vocals and pull them back a bit and you'll be moving toward a better overall listening experience. I believe the guitar could use a little less room (it's losing a lot of definition). But this is all subjective. Just be sure you don't "mush" up the musical components. Roominess is fine as long as it doesn't override the direct definition of instrument or vocal. If the roominess is not controllable on the guitar, then just treat the vocals via software effects to better blend in. But not much.

Reply #4
« on: January 26, 2011, 07:53:44 PM »
MarkT

Having listened again after some time my considered opinion is --forget anything I said - I really like it just as it is!
Reply #5
« on: January 26, 2011, 11:15:45 PM »
jpmarques Offline

I truly forgot I had posted this song at AM...so imagine how happy I am to see that people spent some of their free time to listen to it! I feel really happy and thankful about that.

@ Cal: I know what you mean. After coming back to the song, I feel the guitar is panned in excess.. I went for 60-60.. I should really try some narrower values. About the vocal I'm going to take the volume down a notch, and "see" if it blends a bit better.

@ Keith828: Thanks for the feedback. I really should improve my guitar skills! Smiley

@ MarkT: Last but definitely not least, I feel really honored to have you come back to one of my songs Mark! Sometimes I get the sense that I'm using the wrong kind of acoustic guitar, as for the type of music I play I would be better off with steel strings, maybe make the sound more defined. Anyway, really nice to hear from you.
Reply #6
« on: February 28, 2011, 07:22:12 PM »
MarkT

Honored? Sorry, I think you are confusing me with someone with some skills! I just listen and say what I think!
Reply #7
« on: March 03, 2011, 08:51:58 PM »
MasheenH3ad Offline
I'm Engaged in Writing Musical Ideas Posts: 64

Cool! Very Nice Track!

Linking Image" style="margin:14px;

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: