AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 03:20:56 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition Wish List
| | |-+  I guess its official
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author
Topic: I guess its official  (Read 7332 times)
Reply #15
« on: September 10, 2010, 11:07:27 AM »
dlt123 Offline

Does anyone know if a PC version is in the pipeline?

Like I said before, there will be a mutiny if there isn't! ... easy...

SteveG, it sounds like you're quite the mutineer.   grin  But I agree with you... if they don't parrot each other, I'll be in your ranks for mutiny as well. 

Dennis
Reply #16
« on: September 10, 2010, 11:22:15 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

SteveG, it sounds like you're quite the mutineer.   grin  But I agree with you... if they don't parrot each other, I'll be in your ranks for mutiny as well. 

I'm not a mutineer at all - I actually knew the answer, but I couldn't say until Adobe had confirmed that this was a slight cock-up in the original video release... which they now have. Of course there will be a proper version as well as a Mac one!

Reply #17
« on: September 23, 2010, 10:28:51 PM »
richlepage Offline

Current DAW article in Oct 10 edition of MIX says that the new version will be out around end of the year
and is cross platform.  So, we'll see I guess.

This link may or may not work to the article, can't tell here since we are a subscriber, but give it a shot:
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/f41b90bd#/f41b90bd/22

Reply #18
« on: September 23, 2010, 10:53:34 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Current DAW article in Oct 10 edition of MIX says that the new version will be out around end of the year
and is cross platform.  So, we'll see I guess.

That article was 'written' by a journalist, and there are several things wrong with it. There will be a public beta at the end of the year, not a release, and it wasn't 'designed specifically' for the Mac at all - it has been rewritten to be cross-platform. And many of the so-called 'new features' will also be familiar to present users...

All in all, Jason's video and the blog comments are more accurate.

Reply #19
« on: September 24, 2010, 02:08:47 AM »
richlepage Offline

Thx for the info Steve,  figured (like most such things) this was more a teaser/press thing than anything else. We have seen many such things before. Recently --AFTER talking with Adobe and being assured no new version was forthcoming, we bought Premiere Elements 8 to fill a need now and then to be able to do small video things like adding countdowns, black at open/close etc to videos that come in for sweetening using AA 3.01.  Though many reviewers found V8 buggy, the trial version mostly ran here and based on Adobe's "assurance", we bought.

A week or so later, Adobe released version 9! And when we again inquired, was told "no upgrade possible" by 2 different reps. Couldn't believe it in light of specifically asking BEFORE purchase, so filed a case.
Heard today they will make it right and send a boxed copy of V9.   So obviously, misinformation abounds!

The v8 we have mostly works OK and seems to integrate well with Audition... though  Premiere El 8 will crash fairly often for no easy to find reason, often when rendering. We lay back the mixdown from AA with it.  This is because doing that way allows export to multiple formats (when it works!) The announcement for V9 seems to indicate they have addressed that... like with AA, guess we'll see!
Reply #20
« on: September 25, 2010, 02:26:32 AM »
ozpeter Offline

Thanks for the heads-up re version 9 - I didn't know it was out.  Hopefully it will work better than version 8 which was a complete waste of time as far as I was concerned.  However, the "fully functional trial" is, according to forum comments, not actually fully functional at all, so that's a bad start.
Reply #21
« on: September 25, 2010, 03:57:03 PM »
richlepage Offline

In the v8 trial also you had to download a huge "supplement" to do much with it,
also the 8.01 patch file would not install in the trial.  But for the things we were looking to use it
for, it mostly worked on a quad core system we run AA on all the time. I also tried a couple
other similar programs as trial versions, but liked the way PE8 seemed to integrate (sort of)
with AA.

For the things we were looking for it to do though, overall mostly liked it better than the others we tried.
You're sure right though, if v9 trial is also not fully functional, that's a bad start.

V8 is a resource hog and routinely crashes for no apparent reason, often near the end of a
render, but sometimes just when scrubbing or nudging (often needed when laying back a mixdown
done in AA to it) At first I thought, well it's a trial... but saw same things after buying the boxed
version.
Found out about v9 in looking around at Adobe for any more ideas on tweaks to
perhaps avoid it crashing so much -- suddenly last week there was new v9 stuff there.

Haven't received v9 yet, just an order number that Adobe support says they have
processed no chg. Will update here once we get it and see. Was amazed to be told no upgrade avail initially... you'd have to buy all over again.

Reply #22
« on: September 26, 2010, 11:36:25 PM »
ozpeter Offline

Having now plonked down my money for version 9 it's clearly vastly improved under the hood compared to V8, which means that there's not a huge increase in actual features.  More of a bugfix release - for which you have to pay...  (or at least I had to!).
Reply #23
« on: September 28, 2010, 07:57:33 PM »
richlepage Offline

Good to know this, they've sent me a tracking number for v9 so it should be showing up soon.
Other than all the crashing for no easy to figure reason, I thought v8 was pretty helpful for stuff
we often see come in around here.  So, hopefully, v9 will work  better. The stuff we use
it for is mostly pretty minor but golly all the crashes were annoying - especially 90-+% into a render.
Without rebooting, if you tried it again, it usually would render the same thing just fine.

In the few days we have run v8 it submitted over 30 crash reports to Adobe...

Reply #24
« on: September 28, 2010, 11:48:45 PM »
richlepage Offline

Quick follow up: Version 9 arrived and installed, seems so far MUCH less buggy than V8 was, though only did very limiting testing with it so far.  It does require full re-render of anything you did using version 8, but that's a small price to pay for something that so far seems to work considerably better.
Reply #25
« on: November 15, 2010, 06:05:19 PM »
Karl Markovich Offline

Ah, so it seems that "multichannel" means 1, 2 or 6 channels.  Not so good for all those 3 and 4 channel files I use...

Ah well, I can still handle those in SourceForge and Reaper!

Paul

I can open up 3 and 4 channel files in the Mac public beta they posted.  I don't think it is limited to just 1/2/6.
Reply #26
« on: November 15, 2010, 06:31:50 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

I can open up 3 and 4 channel files in the Mac public beta they posted.  I don't think it is limited to just 1/2/6.

I think that you'll find that the multitrack output is...

Reply #27
« on: November 18, 2010, 06:12:18 PM »
andres Offline

Any improvement about MIDI? I guess no but...

Charcot - www.charcot.it
Reply #28
« on: November 18, 2010, 09:05:11 PM »
ozpeter Offline

VSTi support has been taken out, apparently. 

I'm still of the view that the ability to use VSTi instruments as if they were "real" would be worth maintaining, so you could include their output recorded as midi and with enough of a midi editor that you could edit the midi as if it were audio.  Or so that you could render VSTi to audio on the fly, then edit that audio as audio.  So if your Steinway happens to be a virtual one rather than a real one, you're still supported.  Otherwise, use of Audition for music recording presupposes real instruments with real mics - in a real studio.  And not many people have something like that at home that's up to scratch.  (Or you've got to link Audition with other midi capable software, at which point there's a risk that people will just use that software to do the whole job).

And while it's perfectly possible to use Audition in a pro music studio, it's wishful thinking to believe there's a mass market for it in that context for mulitrack music recording.  Not "no" market, but not mass.
Reply #29
« on: November 19, 2010, 12:06:49 PM »
runaway Offline

I think it would be advantageous to be able to drag a midi file and attach say ezdrummer or superior drummer and render down some drum tracks

I have a couple of projects doing just that - the drummer sends me the midi drums and I throw them into Sonar attach EZdrummer and bounce them down to seperate tracks.

Then I get the hell out of Sonar and back into AA3 - then I may drag out Steve Slate's Trigger to trigger a different sound altogether (sometimes use this on real drums).

And while I'm not sure of markets and so on - I've run this professional studio on AA since it was AA2 and we do live bands about 99% of the time.
I've got (legit copies) of most daws - Vegas, Reaper, Tracktion, Studio One, Sonar and  heap of others - they all have their plusses and minuses but give me AA anyday even with it's minuses.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: