AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 08:29:00 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Previous Versions
| | |-+  Help me finish my last project in AA 1.5! (Tech question)
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Help me finish my last project in AA 1.5! (Tech question)  (Read 1280 times)
« on: February 18, 2010, 01:01:08 AM »
stereocoyote Offline
Big Dreams, Small Studio

I have AA 3.0, but have been trying to finish this LAST project I started a while ago on 1.5.  Here's my issue:

The tracks sound great, but when I export the audio into ANY type of wav file, there's crackles and hisses.

What could cause this?

Motu 896
Auditon 3.0
Reply #1
« on: February 18, 2010, 01:41:57 AM »
stereocoyote Offline
Big Dreams, Small Studio

wow... ok I think I found the issue... if any of you find that after you export your audio you have accentuated crackle or hiss in the high end that wasn't there when you were listening to the mix in the session, here's what happened it me.

The DISPLAY TIME FORMAT option in the minutes/seconds etc area (along the horizontal axis of the session) needed to be set to CD 75fps, once I did that, no more odd distortion or crackle...

man, this one had me running circles and freakin out...  hope someone else finds this helpful...  Today is a good day...

hope your's is too...

Motu 896
Auditon 3.0
Reply #2
« on: February 18, 2010, 10:01:05 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Hmmm.... seems rather unlikely that this was the real reason - those settings do nothing to the saving of a wav file at all.

Reply #3
« on: February 20, 2010, 02:24:40 AM »
stereocoyote Offline
Big Dreams, Small Studio

I totally agree... it makes no sense but I've been able to replicate it by switching it back.  My thought was that perhaps I recorded it with a different selection on this meter and then tried to mix it down with a different setting.

No idea.. seems odd to me that this should fix it... in fact I found on another forum someone else posted the same remedy... crazy

Motu 896
Auditon 3.0
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: