AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 11:55:12 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2597 Members
Latest Member: miskaudio
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Previous Versions
| | |-+  How do I open a ZipFile to use DX/VST PlugIns ?
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: How do I open a ZipFile to use DX/VST PlugIns ?  (Read 1689 times)
« on: November 26, 2009, 09:11:24 AM »
Fakey Offline

This is my dilemma..... I have downloaded Directx but it allways disapears,when I am asked to choose a location to extract the directx files what should I choose ???I chose c files and it disapears Huh  I downloaded winzip,I chose a plugin and clicked "unzip file" I am told unzip was succesful and a file opens with the dll icon I click that and winzip tells me it is not a valid archive and to add an archive Huh what is a winzip archive Huh when I try to open the file I am allways told that it is an incomplete file Huh What is a wrapper and do I need one to access VST or DX plugins,What is the difference between the two???Also when I choose directx on my cool edit pro effects dropdown I dont see a "plug in" option,just a bunch of choices that ask for a preset?? does preset mean plugin and if so when I am asked to type in the name for the new preset what do I type Huh I tried to drag  the plugin to this box and that dosnt work Huh as you can tell Im having one heck of a time figuring this out.I have scoured the internet looking for answers and found nothing. If someone could please instruct me from begining to end on the process to enable me to use DX/VSTPlugins I would greatly appreciate it,If knowone knows  then I guess I just cant use them,but it sure would be nice. Please Help... Thanks............
Reply #1
« on: November 26, 2009, 03:23:02 PM »
Graeme Online
Administrator

Plug-ins take the form of DLL's.  They are usually installed to a default directory (C:\program files\steinberg\vstplugins\*.dll) but you can put them wherever you fancy. Just make sure the programs you want to use the VST's in know where to look for them.

BTW, it's copyright, not copy-write - I would thought someone would have taught you that at a broadcasting school  shocked .

Reply #2
« on: November 26, 2009, 04:13:38 PM »
pwhodges Offline

Unless you're talking about copy-writing, which is how I read it!

Paul
Reply #3
« on: November 26, 2009, 05:41:07 PM »
Fakey Offline

I appreciate the help, I didn't know this was also a spell check forum,I lost my orphan Annie decoder ring.I guess that's just another thing to be thankful for,Happy Thanksgiving!!. P.S - I had included a run on sentence too,Can You Find It Huh.
Reply #4
« on: November 26, 2009, 06:18:01 PM »
Graeme Online
Administrator

Unless you're talking about copy-writing, which is how I read it!

Yes - maybe so.  So many times I see this mistake made, I tend to forget there is a correct alternative Smiley .  However, they have totally different meanings, so it's good to ensure we know what we are actually talking about.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: