AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 03:51:32 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition Wish List
| | |-+  More hardware flexibility
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: More hardware flexibility  (Read 1336 times)
« on: November 14, 2009, 11:35:05 PM »
woodburger Offline

I record on an M-Audio revolution card.  I want to playback through an HRT-X USB streamer into my powered speakers  (The HRT really sounds good; better, to my ear, than the M-Audio.)  But I can't find a way to split the record and playback function hardware... or, with the HRT-X installed, it isn't seen by AA.
Reply #1
« on: November 15, 2009, 12:27:55 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

I record on an M-Audio revolution card.  I want to playback through an HRT-X USB streamer into my powered speakers  (The HRT really sounds good; better, to my ear, than the M-Audio.)  But I can't find a way to split the record and playback function hardware... or, with the HRT-X installed, it isn't seen by AA.

You'd have to take that up with Steinberg; ASIO only supports a single device at a time - this is not an Audition limitation at all. There is a way you could probably do what you want though, if you don't mind a little more latency, and that is to use the free ASIO4ALL driver. This would let you see more than one WDM driver (hence more than one device) at a time.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: