AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 06:58:02 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0, 3.0 & CS5.5
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  All presets in AA2.0 are gone
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: All presets in AA2.0 are gone  (Read 1831 times)
« on: November 05, 2009, 10:49:56 AM »
nidza61 Offline

I have problem with my AA2.
All presets in my plug ins are gone. Still I can work with them but all presets are missed. I can create new presets and reopen them but factory presets are still missing.
Reply #1
« on: November 05, 2009, 11:47:03 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest that one of the things you might normally do here before posting is to read the FAQs - the answer to this particular question is right at the top of the list!

Reply #2
« on: November 09, 2009, 09:14:49 AM »
nidza61 Offline

Great!!
SteveG Thanks!!
I solve my problem.  smiley

Can someone explain why this is happening.
I realized that I occasionally must to back up my Audition 2.0 workspaces and preferences from time to time.
Reply #3
« on: November 09, 2009, 10:15:42 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Can someone explain why this is happening.

It has been suggested that this is because Adobe don't actually handle .xml files very well, using the stored copy of the settings as an active file during execution time rather than a copy of it. What this means is that if anything at all happens during the run period that corrupts anything at all about the settings in memory, a corrupted version gets rewritten, and this is when you lose your presets. What is supposed to happen is that any changes are intended to be included in the version of the file that gets rewritten during closedown, but this clearly goes wrong sometimes - randomly. So, there is no previous version to revert to, and everything gets lost. Accordingly, the only 'previous' version at all is the default - which you can restore.

Now, the foregoing may or may not be true (I should emphasise that it was not suggested by Adobe!), although it makes a depressing amount of sense. Regardless, you are still advised to back stuff up if you value it.

Reply #4
« on: November 09, 2009, 11:01:52 AM »
nidza61 Offline

Thank You SteveG!!

Incredibly, the Adobe programs cover a lot, it is really strange they haven't a solution such as the creation of user archives, backups, or returned on specific dates like Microsoft. I hope that this problem be solved.
Reply #5
« on: November 09, 2009, 12:40:50 PM »
ryclark Offline

This Settings and FX Backup addon for Audition might be of interest:

http://www.mediasweeper.com.au/auditionfx.htm
Reply #6
« on: November 09, 2009, 01:24:37 PM »
nidza61 Offline

Thanks Ryclark!!
This is it!  smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »