AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 04:32:10 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition Wish List
| | |-+  Missing plugins
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Missing plugins  (Read 1781 times)
« on: October 07, 2009, 02:36:46 PM »
MarkT

Whenever I have to reinstall a plugin for whatever reason, when I open a session, Audition lists up the missing plugins but it doesn't give any info as to which tracks they were on, or which presets they used are missing. And when the session is fully open all the missing plugins have all been removed.

I would like the plugins to still be listed, but perhaps greyed-out and with the possibility of identifying the new location of the plugin instread of having to work it all out from scratch again. Other programs that can't find a file give you the option to browse to it, why not AA?
Reply #1
« on: October 07, 2009, 03:22:47 PM »
runaway Offline

I suspect that what happens is that each VST has its own unique identifier which AA looks through all the vsts that are referenced for that identifier and if it can't find it listed it doesn't know which vst it is because all it has is a number and no name.

Reply #2
« on: October 07, 2009, 07:28:03 PM »
oretez Offline

except there are all those registry entries and XML entries that if those become corrupted the presets disappear . . . so asking for some of kind of access to the pointers wouldn't seem all that untoward
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: