AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 03:57:06 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0, 3.0 & CS5.5
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 3.0
| | | |-+  Recording Stops in Overdub when end of view is reached
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Recording Stops in Overdub when end of view is reached  (Read 745 times)
« on: September 30, 2009, 10:00:23 PM »
Sun Prod Offline

Still learning some of the great new features in Audition 3.  Just wondering if there's a way to not have Audition stop recording an overdub when it reaches the right side of the screen?

For example, say I'm recording the VO for a 30 second commercial, and the talent makes a mistake half way through.  I can start overdubbing at the start of the last sentence the talent started to read, Audition records a new region (as a new take) and will record until it reaches the right edge of the multitrack view, then stops.

I've right clicked on the record button in the Transport Control, and it's set to continuous linear record, so that's not the problem.

Thanks for the help!
Mike
Reply #1
« on: October 01, 2009, 03:26:04 AM »
William Rose Offline

Generate enough silence (Empty recording space) at the end of the short file to accommodate the length of the overdub. (So, in effect making the right side of the screen "farther" away.)

Unless I'm missing something ?

I usually don't multitrack, you might have to do this in edit view.

William

Dual 2ghz Pentiums , 3 gigs RAM, WinXpPro, AA3, SantaCruz..
Reply #2
« on: October 01, 2009, 12:21:09 PM »
ryclark Offline

You may need to alter the Play mode by right clicking on the Play button.
Reply #3
« on: October 02, 2009, 06:02:17 PM »
Sun Prod Offline

You may need to alter the Play mode by right clicking on the Play button.

Play mode is already set to play from cursor to the end of file, not end of view.  I thought that might be the answer though!
Reply #4
« on: October 20, 2011, 07:56:36 PM »
Sun Prod Offline

This is still bugging me.  Every once in a while, I forget to zoom out and recording stops.  I just played around with this, and it seems to have something to do with the length of the session.  A new session seems to have a default length of 30 seconds, until you make it bigger by highlighting the multi-tack past the :30 mark, or record past the :30 mark outside of overdubbing.

My next question is:  Can you set the length of the default session somewhere?   huh
Reply #5
« on: October 20, 2011, 11:16:46 PM »
ryclark Offline

If you extend a default session to be as long as you want you can then save that as the Default session in the File/Default Session menu.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: