AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 04:12:00 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition Wish List
| | |-+  Stability while performing Simple Stuff
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Stability while performing Simple Stuff  (Read 2883 times)
« on: September 28, 2009, 09:21:28 AM »
William Rose Offline

First thing - I do not Multi-Track.

I have gone back to Cool Edit Pro 2.1.

AA3 has become completely unresponsive while doing things like :

Applying Parametric EQ to short samples...
Using File>Open with a waveform already on the screen...

Sure I can recover the session, but get the same result when trying to repeat what I was doing.
That, along with the fact that it is across the board 25-30 percent slower than the old Syntrillium products. (While performing old Tried and True functions)
...Could the edit view screen be any more congested and cluttered ?

This is what I feared would be the result when Adobe decided they needed to buy Synt.

William

Dual 2ghz Pentiums , 3 gigs RAM, WinXpPro, AA3, SantaCruz..
Reply #1
« on: September 28, 2009, 10:02:05 AM »
runaway Offline

I couldn't find a question in that post but FWIW the only reason I think would mainly use edit view to top & tail a final mix otherwise everything is pretty much done in MV

As far as stable goes I find AA3.01 rock solid.

With my work on AATranslator (the next version involves reading old SES files) I have had to revisit old versions of AA/CEP - I guess their 'cute' but to me its like using a chisel & stone compared to AA3 - but of course that's just my opinion - each to his own.

Reply #2
« on: September 29, 2009, 03:48:09 AM »
William Rose Offline

I couldn't find a question in that post...

Hmmmmmm..... Let me double check.....

Uh, no, I can't find one either. Wonder what's going on.....

Wait a minute, was there supposed to be a question in there ? Well, I just feel stupid.

Ok here's a question. Any News About Audition 4?

No, seriously, I have just simply found AA3 to be noticeably lethargic, and unpredictably unstable. It may very well be entirely a result of the operators skill and hardware, and mood. And I want to reword my final remark in my last post. Although it's true what I'm experiencing is what I was afraid of when Synt was consumed by Adobe, It's highly unlikely that the two have anything whatever to do with each other. So, I'm kind of apologizing. Now everyone at Adobe can have the closure they deserve.

William

Dual 2ghz Pentiums , 3 gigs RAM, WinXpPro, AA3, SantaCruz..
Reply #3
« on: September 29, 2009, 05:15:30 AM »
runaway Offline

Seriously though with the exception of the Spectral View crash which was fixed in 3.01 my AA3 has not had a single crash.

Now it is unlikely that if you had 3.01 that it would be different to my 3.01 so I'm going to assume that we use the same piece of software but chances are we don't use the same hardware, drivers, etc etc.

So logic tells me that thats where you should look for instability problems.

I had a situation where my mobo died and had a problem with a video card and after replacing them I had all sorts of AA crashes.  It turned out to be a video card driver which once updated no AA problems since.

Thats my experience FWIW.

Reply #4
« on: October 04, 2009, 09:29:43 PM »
jamesp Offline

I had a situation where my mobo died and had a problem with a video card and after replacing them I had all sorts of AA crashes.  It turned out to be a video card driver which once updated no AA problems since.

My experience is that newer versions of Audition are more sensitive to video card issues than older versions (and other audio software).

I've also often had the mouse cursor change to the wrong shape after working in Audition.

Cheers

James.

JRP Music Services
Alresford, Hampshire UK
http://www.jrpmusic.net
Audio Mastering, Duplication and Restoration
Reply #5
« on: October 11, 2009, 11:52:34 AM »
andres Offline

As discussed in other topics, in my opinion AA3 (just 2 month of use, after several years of AA 1.5 and Cool Edit...)

- it's SLOW. Really slower than AA 1.5 in some (same as 1.5) operations.

- the MIDI sequencer is very simple, but in my opinion it's not that bad. The real problem is that it's really SLOWER or, better really cpu-intensive.
It's impossible (at least on my system) to use big VSTi, while they work without a problem under Cubase SX3, that has a far more complex MIDI sequencer.
This means that the MIDI sequencer's engine needs really to be REVISITED...

Charcot - www.charcot.it
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: