AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 09:49:15 AM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  Radio, TV and Video Production
| | |-+  tips for radio commercial?
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: tips for radio commercial?  (Read 5883 times)
« on: September 23, 2009, 04:48:19 PM »
andrea*. Offline

afro

i am a radio student and have a commercial i need to produce. the script calls for a guy who goes back and forth from a voice where it's the thoughts inside his head, and then he gets snapped back to reality when someone else is talking to him.

does anybody know a good effect or technique to use on audition 2.0 for the "thinking" voice. i was thinking of playing around with echo/echo chamber but if someone knows anything that will work or has used it before and wants to share that'd be great! thanks so much.
Reply #1
« on: September 23, 2009, 07:08:36 PM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

I'm not a commercial producer, but my own inclination would be to make the 'thoughts' voice very dry and intimate, rather than echoey.

Reply #2
« on: September 23, 2009, 08:25:20 PM »
andrea*. Offline

VERY good idea i didn't even consider. thank you i'll try that as well
Reply #3
« on: September 23, 2009, 09:39:34 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Graeme's dead right about this - all I'd add is that the most effective way to ensure that the distinction is thoroughly made is to have the dry inner-head voice almost whispered, much closer to the mic - and the outside voice just as it would normally be recorded when more than one person is present.

Reply #4
« on: September 23, 2009, 11:18:02 PM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

....have the dry inner-head voice almost whispered, much closer to the mic

Yes, that's what I meant when I said 'intimate' - I should have been more clear.

Reply #5
« on: September 24, 2009, 04:08:45 PM »
andrea*. Offline

thanks alot for the tips guys. those tips have helped me make it turn out pretty decent. my voicer did a good job at being quiet/whispereryish too. i have played the spot for some people and they seem to get the point and they image in their mind so i'll call it a success! thanks  cool
Reply #6
« on: December 21, 2010, 12:29:42 PM »
TVAProduction Offline

I have got so many tips...
A Big Thanks to "andrea"

I am  an Informercial Producer and making on air for Culine Radio
Reply #7
« on: October 04, 2011, 06:21:21 AM »
istartus Offline

thanks its a good tip
Reply #8
« on: November 28, 2011, 06:04:43 AM »
Abel Offline

I'm playing an mmo and about every thirty minuets I hear an audio commercial through my headphones advertising for a Lowes washing machine. I don't think the game has a radio feature and I can't find any kind of spyware. The headphones are brand new, I'm not sure if that matters. The commercial is really long and it's extremely annoying to have it suddenly play over my game. I've also heard it when I have Grooveshark open, but I haven't yet heard it just browsing around.

A sibling recently downloaded a Yahoo toolbar as part of another download, so I'm thinking it managed to put some gay advertising program on my computer. Can anyone help me get rid of this obnoxious thing?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: