AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 03:41:11 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Previous Versions
| | |-+  Cool Edit 96, 2000, 1.2a
| | | |-+  Can't get Cool Edit 2000 to run under Vista
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Can't get Cool Edit 2000 to run under Vista  (Read 2289 times)
« on: May 24, 2009, 08:17:02 AM »
artkennedy Offline

I installed Cool Edit 2000 on my Vista system configured in compatibility mode for W98 and the XP as administrator and when I run the program I get the error "This program is not properly configured to run on this system"  - those words may not be exact but almost.  Any new information on this???

Let the Cruel Raging Cease
Let the Children Sleep in Peace
    - Greg Brown
Reply #1
« on: May 24, 2009, 11:02:02 AM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

I can't say I'm that surprised.  Plenty of audio people are having problems with Vista with much newer software than CE2000.

I think you are either going to have to revert to an earlier version of the OS or bite the bullet and upgrade your software (it is the best part of ten years old now and nothing lasts forever).

One thing's for certain, nobody is going to be releasing a newer version of CE2000.

Reply #2
« on: May 24, 2009, 11:40:54 AM »
Wildduck Offline

I'm not in a position to try this here at the moment, but I think this may be the same problem as CE2k under XP, where if you inadvertently open CE2000 twice (eg by double clicking too energetically), it gets its ini files in a mess.
I think a search of the archives may find the answer, but it is something like search for all CE2k ini files and delete them all to force a rebuild.

I'm fairly certain that I've run CE2000 under Vista, although I would never choose to.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: