AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 02:54:46 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0, 3.0 & CS5.5
| | |-+  Audition Session Import/Export Translator - Now with PT support
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print
Author
Topic: Audition Session Import/Export Translator - Now with PT support  (Read 55459 times)
Reply #15
« on: April 25, 2009, 07:03:18 PM »
runaway Offline

Have already got a fair way down the track with a number of conversions to/from other DAWs but they will surface after version 1.0

While PT & OMF are on our conversion hit list they will take a bit longer.

Apart from what we have included in version 1.0 (which is heaps) we have also pretty much nailed Vegas & OpenTI and as well as looking at Final Cut Pro, Avid's ALE & CMX EDLs.

While there has been mention of Garage Band & PT in this thread feel free to let me know of any other pressing conversions that may be required

Reply #16
« on: May 01, 2009, 08:02:44 AM »
runaway Offline

Apart from having to redo a big chunk of code to better take into account workflow issues with those in the film industry its all down to finalising a user guide and of course take the opportunity to do a bit more testing  wink

In summary - with Version 1.00 of AATranslator you can export from and import to an Adobe Audition® version 2 or 3 session
the following DAWS:-
Reaper, Sadie, Samplitude, Sequoia, Nuendo, Cubase, Pyramix, Audiophile, Soundscape, Fairlight, DAR and n-Track
the following Recorders:-
AAton, Nagra, Alesis Masterlink, HHB, Otari, Genex and Zaxcom
And using the very expensive SSL-Pro-Convert:-
OMF1, OMF2, SAW, CoolEdit, Steinberg XML, Discreet Edit, Tascam BAU, Pro-Tools 5, Vegas, Wavelab, Pro-Tools 7 & Apple XML (Final Cut Pro, Logic)

This app which sounded so simple at day one and planned to be 'knocked over' in a few days has taken the combined efforts of three people around 8 to 10 weeks.
No this one isn't going to be donationware but there will be a fully functional 'demo' which is only limited by number of audio files and/or clips.

But to show my appreciation for those few who have supported me in the past - anybody who has already made a previous donation for any of my other utilities prior to this post will be eligible for a substantial discount far greater than the amount that they have donated.

This tool is not for everybody but I am hoping that it brings in a lot more people who have wanted to use Audition's superior editing functionality but were unable to convert their projects in the past.

More to come over the next few days.....

Reply #17
« on: May 03, 2009, 06:03:56 PM »
runaway Offline

I was hoping to release this on Star Wars Day (May the 4th  smiley ) but a small problem with some xfades when splitting stereo tracks into mono as well as a sub folder path issue cost us most of this weekend but thats all fixed and the weekends gone.

Plus I got sidetracked building a utility to manipulate AA's Marker List (if ever copying the contents into another list and turning the background of AA' Marker List bright green becomes fashionable - I'm already there).  The plan is for it to do other things!

Anyway I'm hoping that all thats left is for John to do a bit more testing and finalise the user guide (I told him no-one would read it anyway)  evil

I suspect that I'm talking to myself but then again I like the sound of my own keyboard.   grin

Reply #18
« on: May 03, 2009, 06:18:43 PM »
dstdean Offline
Dilettante Factotum

Michael, you and John have done a brilliant job on this and I count myself lucky to have been one of the "testers" (although in reality, I only ever provided you with a couple of sessions... rolleyes)

Thanks for taking the time and EXTREME effort to work up this utility as well as the other utilities that you have provided the community!!

--Dean

Just Proud to Be Here....
Reply #19
« on: May 04, 2009, 08:01:38 AM »
runaway Offline

I thought no-one was listening.

Thanks but now your just embarassing me  embarassed

And you know I can do that myself  smiley

Reply #20
« on: May 04, 2009, 10:17:14 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

I thought no-one was listening.

Well, the thread has been accessed well over a thousand times...

Thanks but now your just embarassing me  embarassed

And you know I can do that myself  smiley

That would be "you're just embarrassing", I presume...  tongue (I wouldn't normally do that - but this one was just too good to pass up!)

But I'm sure that many people will come to recognise the value of what you've done over time. It almost always comes down to individual effort to create something like this - simply because no software developers ever really want work to swap between applications, even though in the real world this is somewhat inevitable.

Reply #21
« on: May 04, 2009, 02:07:48 PM »
MarkT

Fantastic work guys. afro I have been following the thread quietly since it started and I am amazed how you have managed to meet your ambitions! I will be waiting with great anticipation for the PT functionality (our house band is making noises about recording some tracks and I would love to do a PT version and an AA version (I have far better plug-ins and FX than the PT version they have bought!). Maybe I can persuade them to chuck PT and buy AA instead. grin
Reply #22
« on: May 04, 2009, 02:44:37 PM »
runaway Offline

See I told you I could embarrass myself!   grin
I knew there was an automatic spell checker on this forum  tongue

Thanks for the encouragement MarkT and SteveG you are correct why would they want you moving to another platform.  In fact we had the export functions working over a month ago but decided that it would send a pretty poor signal to Adobe and AA users if we only came out with an export function initially.

Hey we want more AA users not less and I really think that this will help.

John especially has spent heaps of time looking at other DAWS and it is surprising just how many short comings PT has compared to AA.  Mind you he was impressed enough with Samplitude to buy that.

Where as myself I have not seen one that I have been impressed with as much as AA but there you go that's me.

What you should do is track in AA then give them a copy of the wav files to process in PT - oh that's right PT can't handle 32bit wavs, better save them a copy as 24bit  grin

Anyway PT will be hard as I understand they encrypt their session files - but hey pressure is what turns coal into diamonds.

Any day now (and I mean it) .....

Reply #23
« on: May 04, 2009, 09:11:59 PM »
MusicConductor Offline

Anyway PT will be hard as I understand they encrypt their session files - but hey pressure is what turns coal into diamonds.

Why would they do that?  What are they afraid of?

Or are they protecting the "proprietary" creativity of the engineer?
Reply #24
« on: May 05, 2009, 03:30:29 AM »
runaway Offline

I suspect it is so you have to pay an enourmous amount for their export/import options I guess

Surely they realise that once you have paid out all that money for their useless hardware that those users can't afford to go anywhere  grin

Hmmm did I say that or just think it?

Anyway will know more when we get to looking closely at them

Reply #25
« on: May 05, 2009, 05:30:30 PM »
runaway Offline

Last minute bug with Pans converting from ADL to Samplitude/Reaper EDLs which is now fixed (we now have native Reaper Project files on our list to convert to/from)

A quick review of the user guide and I think we should be good to go within the next 24 hours (though I have allocated some time in that period for sleep)

Watch this space ....

Reply #26
« on: May 06, 2009, 12:44:29 PM »
dstdean Offline
Dilettante Factotum

(we now have native Reaper Project files on our list to convert to/from)

Ooooooo, ya bugger!!  Yay!!  Thanks!!

--Dean

Just Proud to Be Here....
Reply #27
« on: May 06, 2009, 12:53:26 PM »
runaway Offline

Yeah, I've had a pretty good look at them and (famous last words) should be realtively easy to to get sorted.

OpenTL & Vegas EDLs shouldn't be too far off either.  The main problem I have is that for every new DAW we bring on board I want it to communicate with every other one we already have.  That is if we bring on board OpenTL for example then I want to be able to import from OpenTL and export to AA, Samplitude & Reaper EDLs, Reaper project files etc etc.

Thats the challenge  grin

Anyway a little bit of tidying up and I'm hoping to release in a few hours.

Back to you soon...

Reply #28
« on: May 06, 2009, 03:07:07 PM »
runaway Offline

Well, version 1.00 of AATranslator is blessed, boxed & buried.

I'm confident that no more bugs will be found until it's released  rolleyes

Given recent history I'd best spend a few hours checking the grammar and spell checking the user guide before uploading grin

Reply #29
« on: May 07, 2009, 07:24:53 AM »
runaway Offline

Well its done!

http://www.aatranslator.com.au/ is where you will find it.

Many thanks to John Lundsten from  the UK for the idea of this project, for his tireless efforts testing the application and for his insight as well as the user guide.
Thanks also to Adrian Connelly for additional programming efforts and the interface.

Its been 3 months in the making and as I mentioned previously its not donationware but it is a fully functional demo only limitation is no of tracks and 'clips'.

Those who have supported me in the past (as at the time of this post) through donating for any of my previous applications are entitled to $50usd off the price for every application they have donated to me in the past.  For some that equals a free copy!  Never let it be said that I don't appreciate your support!

This application is not for everyone but certainly for anyone who needs to move their projects from one DAW to another it is certainly worth a look.

It is the only application which currently allows you to import/export from Adobe Audition!

There are many other DAWS in our sights and significant work has already been completed interfacing to Reaper project files and OpenTL files.  These will appear in a free upgrade in the not too distant future.

Enjoy.....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: