AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 01:44:08 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0, 3.0 & CS5.5
| | |-+  Audition Session Import/Export Translator - Now with PT support
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Print
Author
Topic: Audition Session Import/Export Translator - Now with PT support  (Read 55454 times)
Reply #225
« on: March 14, 2011, 02:00:21 AM »
runaway Offline

Been chasing a bug for weeks which I'm sure has been annoying more than just me.

Yep you guessed it PT5 & OMF to PT - a sneaky elusive bug assumedly caused by AAT which caused PT to crash.

Well as it turns out yes I guess its our fault but only in that we failed to cater 100% for the total inadequacies of PT.

PT will happily give you a stupid pre or post xfade (what is that!!) but no unlike Reaper, Cubase and a heap of others if you get a fadeout that starts before a xfade ends then well bugger me bones poor little PT craps out.

Well its fixed now so we can finally get a release out - will be released this week with a new version.

Excuse me while I go and hit something!

Reply #226
« on: March 14, 2011, 03:09:02 PM »
ryclark Offline

The bottle? wink
Reply #227
« on: March 14, 2011, 05:19:16 PM »
runaway Offline

The bottle? wink

Well that sounds like as good as excuse as any - though an excuse is not usually needed LOL

BTW Bit the bullet - v4.2 is out there now
All registered users should have been notified as to where to download it from

Reply #228
« on: April 22, 2011, 01:26:11 PM »
runaway Offline

We have been a bit busy but suffice it to say that we will have a new version of AAT out as soon as AA4 is released.
It will have the ability to import and export AA4 session files as well as improved functionality across other daws and we finally added CEP/AA clip pan support (not easy).
Lots of other things which I usually forget to write down for times such as these.

Reply #229
« on: May 17, 2011, 02:47:02 PM »
runaway Offline

Ses2Sesx has greatly chewed into our time but the good thing is that in the next AAT version we have improved our already pretty comprehensive AA/CEP conversion.

We will get a release out as soon as possible - working on 2 apps at the same time which are similar but not the same is very frustrating

Reply #230
« on: June 02, 2011, 05:45:49 AM »
runaway Offline

Its that time again – another AATranslator release!

While I continually forget to make a note of all the changes we make (as if it’s not hard enough just making the changes) the highlights (that I do recall) are:

* Added Audition CS5.5 support (sesx).  Also check out our donationware Audition/CEP conversion tool Ses2Sesx
* Significant Audition/CEP conversion improvements and enhancements
* Improved and increased PT conversion capability
* Improved PT Track Automation conversion
* Added an 'Ignore Video' option
* Improved Ardour conversions (particularly session file locations)
* Improved AVID EDL import support - includes track volume automation where present
* Improved OMF export - now have an option to convert 32bit wav files to 24bit as 32bit OMFs are not part of the OMF standard
* Numerous small bug fixes or improvements in conversions of most formats

As usual with every upgrade we try not to break anything else and that is certainly getting harder to do the more complex this application becomes.

Our version upgrade releases continue to be free of charge but we do have a donation button on the main web page should you be feeling particularly generous.
http://www.aatranslator.com.au

As always feel free to pass on any comments or suggestions (providing they don’t involve too much work for us).

Registered users should all have been notified as to the location of the latest release

Reply #231
« on: June 22, 2011, 08:24:04 AM »
runaway Offline

Been working on lots of Nuendo enhancements/fixes.  Specifically getting Nuendo to read AATranslator's ADL, OpenTL and XML formats. 
Lots of Nuendo limitations but apart from that all looking good.

New release soon enough.

Reply #232
« on: August 03, 2011, 02:16:33 PM »
runaway Offline

Has it been that long since I posted on this thread?

I know it seems like we sit around doing nothing but we are trying to finalise our next release.  As usual lots of trinkets & baubles as well as heaps of little fixes and enhancements.
A lot of work done on Nuendo conversions (to and from) plus we look like we have finally sorted out PT Playlists.

Some testing still to do but the next version (due real soon) will have an option to import PT Playlists or ignore them.

Now where is my Avid/Dodgy voodoo doll........

Reply #233
« on: September 14, 2011, 01:50:47 PM »
runaway Offline

It never seems to end but we are gearing up for a new release of AATranslator.

No doubt I have missed some but a summary of features included in the next version include:
1.   Improved ADL (AES31) import & export especially in relation to Nuendo
2.   Improved Steinberg Track Archive (XML) conversions
3.   Improved reading of looped clips in Reaper
4.   Corrected error if Video was last track in Reaper
5.   More informed conversions (msgs & Media Tab)
6.   Progress messages should no longer get hidden below other windows
7.   Improved PT conversions including hidden tracks and playlists
8.   Improved CMX-EDL conversions eg now read audio volume values
9.   OMF export now has an option to convert 32bit to 24bit as well as other improvements
10.   We have added import support for TripleDAT (ARG) files and can convert TDM & TDS audio files to wav.
11.   Improved FCP xml import with still more to do
12.   Numerous bug fixes/enhancements across most daws

There will likely be more features added as we try to complete the coding & testing for this next release.  We continue to work on numerous improvements for future versions of AAT  eg SAW export, more FCP features, etc.

Likewise if there are formats or features that you feel we should look at then let us know.

Reply #234
« on: October 09, 2011, 09:03:51 AM »
runaway Offline

Everytime we are almost ready something else slips into the release or another bug needs squashing....

We are very close now - lots of really great stuff in this one and we are already working on heaps more goodies like MXF, FCPXML, SAW export etc, etc, etc.

Just tidying up doco (really wish someone would read this stuff as John Lundsten has done a lot of good work in this area) and nailing down a pesky PT marker issue (thanks again Ron Novy).

BTW We have started getting a few requests for one off conversions.  We understand that not everyone has a need for this sort of product so what we are doing is offering a conversion service.  If you are happy with the conversion then make a donation via the website.  Obviously the donation should be commensurate with the value of not having to do this manually.

What we also are saying is that if you end up doing a few conversions over time and end up paying the equivalent in donations of a registration eg $59 then we will just give you a registered version.  So you really dont lose which ever way you go.

Reply #235
« on: October 12, 2011, 04:29:21 PM »
runaway Offline

Just released version 5.0

All registered users should have been notified of its download location.

Reply #236
« on: October 12, 2011, 04:46:17 PM »
ryclark Offline

Well done. smiley Thanks to all for all the hard work getting V 5 released.
Reply #237
« on: November 04, 2011, 12:54:56 PM »
runaway Offline

PTX

We finally got hold of a PT10 session file (PTX) and of course they had to add another layer of obfuscation.
PTX is not our priority right now but a challenge is a challenge.
Damn amateurs - I think they do it just to be annoying, anyway it's done now and we can read them - good onya Ron!

Now that it's done its back to work on our other priorities.

We will add PTX support a bit later, why? - because we can wink.

Reply #238
« on: November 24, 2011, 02:31:39 PM »
runaway Offline

Just a heads up for asian AA users that we have been working to deal with the challenges (for me) of these and other non-english languages.  Many thanks to Dino9021 for his patience and efforts in helping us come up with a solution.  We have a working version which converts "Traditional-Chinese" as well as "Simple-Chinese".

We just have to make the solution a bit more 'elegant' as well as try and cover a few more languages.

I must admit that this was never on my radar.

We will have a new version of Ses2Sesx soon.

Reply #239
« on: December 06, 2011, 07:15:14 AM »
runaway Offline

We released v5.1 a few days ago and since that release I have had to make a few necessary fixes and have hopefully uploaded the last for a while

This is what has changed since v5.1

v5.1.01
* Cubase 6 XMLs now have ridiculously high pointer numbers which cause an overflow error in AAT - now fixed
* Reaper: Issues with "Takes" and Bus Tracks causing AAT to crash now resolved

v5.1.02
* SAWStudio Track names not appearing in Reaper conversions due to extra Null character  - now fixed

v5.1.03
* SAWStudio Track Pan values reporting incorrectly  - now fixed

v5.1.04
* When extracting AIFs from some OMFs AAT may lockup  - now fixed
* Fixed memory leak when splitting stereo wav files

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: