AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 02, 2012, 12:58:21 AM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2597 Members
Latest Member: miskaudio
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Polls
| | |-+  REAL DRUM SAMPLES
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author
Topic: REAL DRUM SAMPLES  (Read 23393 times)
« on: November 30, 2003, 08:16:05 PM »
SALTY_DOG Offline

Would you  be willing to purchase samples (one shots) of real drum kits recorded at a top-of-the-line studio and tranfered from DAT to Digital over the internet ?

... remember to use your Q-TIPS !!!
Reply #1
« on: November 30, 2003, 08:28:44 PM »
jonrose Offline

I have in the past - everything from the Syntrillium studios, in fact.
 Cool

Best... -Jon
Reply #2
« on: November 30, 2003, 11:17:45 PM »
Pavell Offline

I've used drum computers, okay, perhaps not as good as live drummers but it's cheaper Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
Reply #3
« on: December 01, 2003, 05:01:23 PM »
VoodooRadio Offline

I guess I'm just lucky..... I have both a brother-in-law and a "best" friend who are drummers.  One owns a nice acoustic set of Sonor's and a Roland V drum kit and the other has a nice "deep" Yamaha acoustic set with custom triggers to use a D-4 if necessary.

wink

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #4
« on: December 01, 2003, 06:17:54 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Quote from: Pavell
I've used drum computers, okay, perhaps not as good as live drummers but it's cheaper Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

...and you only have to punch the rhythm in once. (Okay, old drummer joke. Sorry drummers, couldn't resist!)

Reply #5
« on: December 01, 2003, 07:21:28 PM »
Mac Offline

The right price would be < £10 for a cd full, I know of a website which offers free loops (including drums I think) albeit at a 4k/s download Smiley

(|-_-|)
Reply #6
« on: December 01, 2003, 08:02:10 PM »
Pavell Offline

...and you only have to punch the rhythm in once.

LOL, okay.. I rather would have recorded live drums but the drum machine was cheaper on the long run  Cheesy
Oh and... very accurate   wink
Reply #7
« on: December 01, 2003, 09:36:11 PM »
VoodooRadio Offline

For those using CEP2.0/1 or Audition, I can't imagine why you wouldn't be using all the "free" loops that Synt made for Loopology.  

smiley

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #8
« on: December 01, 2003, 10:56:45 PM »
Mac Offline

Because I shudder all over at the thought of using mp3s as source material Smiley

(|-_-|)
Reply #9
« on: December 01, 2003, 11:03:05 PM »
VoodooRadio Offline

I thought they were .cel files.

smiley

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #10
« on: December 02, 2003, 01:56:42 AM »
jonrose Offline

I think most are, Voodoo... but if you were to load one of those up in CEP version 1 - guess what, it will likely show up as an mp3 file.  wink

I don't know what's on the Adobe site for loopology stuff - I never looked, as it's supposedly all on the second Audition disc.

I probably should have also said that I've got the actual CDs that Syntrillium released (Lounge and Reggae, Funk and Rock - seems long ago, now, doesn't it? Heh!).... and the Funk and Rock CD has nice hi-res hits at 32-bit which are useful.

I also have a small library of other stuff which I sampled myself, mostly of two different kits, a nice old Yamaha and a newer DW, and two days with an excellent player. If one is not a drummer (and I'm not), it's worth every penny to have good-sounding, multiple samples.  Cool

Best... -Jon
Reply #11
« on: December 02, 2003, 10:47:38 AM »
Pavell Offline

.cel files from adobe's site are MP3 format somewhere between 128 and 320kpbs.
Reply #12
« on: December 02, 2003, 12:52:30 PM »
AMSG Offline

I would buy it at the right price. To save some 'lesser recordings'. When there's not much time during a recording session it can be nice to replace that bad recorded snare with a better one for example.
Reply #13
« on: December 02, 2003, 04:40:19 PM »
VoodooRadio Offline

jonrose Posted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also have a small library of other stuff which I sampled myself, mostly of two different kits, a nice old Yamaha and a newer DW, and two days with an excellent player.
Same here..... although I wouldn't call mine a "library".  I've never gone to the trouble to break the files down to "one shots" or anything.  However, I have loads of song drum files that I've recorded with the two (previously mentioned) drummers.  If needed, I can easily put together some really nice drum tracks.

wink

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #14
« on: December 02, 2003, 09:19:11 PM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

Not everyone uses sample - perhaps it would be a fairer poll to have included "No - I have no use for samples".

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: