AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
May 20, 2010, 05:07:38 PM
70511 Posts in 7368 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: MeetPlanB
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  General Audio
| | |-+  Spectral View Spectral Plot Range
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author
Topic: Spectral View Spectral Plot Range  (Read 2950 times)
Reply #15
« on: January 16, 2009, 09:46:58 AM »
AndyH Offline

It is not “inconvenient” and I don’t object to learning something new. It is just irrelevant. It doesn’t matter to the topic at hand.

When I made the aside comment about processing with the parms listed above, cutting off at -70dB and not hearing any difference (also not really relevant to the topic at hand), I started to write about seeing changes in the data results when I also changed values on the Attack/Release tab. I was doing this merely to forestall harangues about ignoring that aspect, but then I decided it was too much trouble and deleted what I had written. After all, it had no relevance to my part in this thread.

I have used Dynamic Range processing only once. I made some overly dynamic albums much less so, in order to make them listen able in an automobile. I spent about two hours in trial and error, working out what worked and still sounded good. Had I understood more about the process and its parts, maybe it would have taken much less time.

That being a singular event, however, it really didn’t matter that I had to poke around in the dark to figure out what I wanted by purely empirical means. If I needed to make much use of this kind of thing, however, I would find out much more, at least to the limit of my ability to understand.
Reply #16
« on: January 16, 2009, 03:59:24 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

It is not “inconvenient” and I don’t object to learning something new. It is just irrelevant. It doesn’t matter to the topic at hand.

Since you clearly haven't learned enough about this, you are absolutely not in any position to say what's relevant  or otherwise, or whether it matters or not - QED.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: