AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
May 20, 2010, 05:24:41 PM
70511 Posts in 7368 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: MeetPlanB
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  General Audio
| | |-+  STEAM PUNK SURROUND
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: STEAM PUNK SURROUND  (Read 1084 times)
« on: November 25, 2008, 12:03:42 AM »
wikibox Offline

May I request some of your superior expertise on the following?
I am editing a steamp punk ww2-like CGI 30 min short film and...

I am looking for an application like the c-media utility that lets you play around with your sound sources (moving sorround sounds by using the mouse, see jpg)

lets just say you are ading the effects for an airplane that passes from left to right as it fall to crash because it has been hit. Now,in general in audition you would have to edit the channels for the falling airplane sounds to match the visual,INSTEAD what i want to do is:

play the video, then as it plays, manually move the "ball " with the sound to match what i see on the screen, the effect is recorded real time and later on added in multitrack in audition.

this somehow emulates old fashioned audio effects edition as the person used to add them in a real room.

I want to do this because I have not found a vst plug in that does it in real time andI do not find audition interface for surround editing something i am comfortable with.
yeah sounds primitive but considering the number of effects I want to add i would feel more comfortable doing it this way

IS THERE ANY OTHER APPLICATION OUT THERE THAT LETS YOU PLAY AROUND WITH SOUND SOURCES THE SAME WAY?
Thanks to everyone!
Reply #1
« on: November 26, 2008, 11:21:16 AM »
Havoc Offline

I have used a application that let you do that but I don't remember if it was the Pulsar card mixer or Ardour. But I'm afraid it won't help you as Pulsar is tied to hardware and Ardour is linux based.

Expert in non-working solutions.
Reply #2
« on: December 02, 2008, 01:44:03 AM »
MusicConductor Offline

This is a great feature request -- that surround panner automation be recordable in real time.  Audition 3 adds the ability to play audio from the surround panner while viewing the video window, which is great.  However, panning envelopes must be created and edited "offline."  Of course, wherever you click on a track's time axis (within the surround panner) is reflected in the video window, so the offline panning is done with full picture support.  Sure, pan editing to a still picture isn't as fast, but it might be just as effective in the end, if perhaps even more accurate.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: