AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 03:48:38 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Previous Versions
| | |-+  Cool Edit 96, 2000, 1.2a
| | | |-+  Can Cool Edit Pro 1.0 separate recorded LP into separate tracks?
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Can Cool Edit Pro 1.0 separate recorded LP into separate tracks?  (Read 5166 times)
« on: September 19, 2008, 06:08:16 AM »
windspeed Offline

I've had CEP ver. 1.0 for years and I've never been able to work out if it will separate songs from the full recording for me. Can it do it? How do I do it?
Currently I clean up with Groove Mechanic, edit and clean up with Cool Edit and the go back to Groove Mechanic to 'mark boundaries' (which is their way of separating tracks) but it doesn't do it easily, well or accurately.
If CEP won't do it, any suggestions as to what will? (I've also got Audacity recently but don't know how well it does stuff.
 Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Reply #1
« on: September 19, 2008, 09:51:05 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

I've had CEP ver. 1.0 for years and I've never been able to work out if it will separate songs from the full recording for me. Can it do it? How do I do it?

1.0  ? ? ? My goodness!

From memory only at this point (I have a 1.2a CD somewhere, but it's presently uninstalled) I think that it should. If you select and highlight with the mouse the section of your entire recording that represents each track, you should have, in the file menu, a 'save selection' option. This would save just the section that you've highlighted as a separate file.

If CEP won't do it, any suggestions as to what will? (I've also got Audacity recently but don't know how well it does stuff.

Well, I think that CEP will - after a fashion. But I suspect that Audacity will as well, although it's not a particularly wonderful editor, IMHO. Your best bet, especially if you are going to do a lot of this, would be to purchase an up-to-date version of the software you've already got, because it has a significantly improved set of tools for dealing with vinyl restoration, and also has much better batching tools to let you do track separations, etc. So my recommendation would be Audition 3.0.

Reply #2
« on: September 19, 2008, 12:25:06 PM »
Graeme Online
Administrator

So my recommendation would be Audition 3.0.

Or even try to find a copy of CEP v1.2a - I did a lot of good restoration stuff with that version.

Reply #3
« on: September 19, 2008, 02:17:54 PM »
jamesp Offline

Look for a copy of a program called CD Wave - it does what you want without fuss.

Cheers

James.

JRP Music Services
Alresford, Hampshire UK
http://www.jrpmusic.net
Audio Mastering, Duplication and Restoration
Reply #4
« on: August 26, 2009, 12:52:44 AM »
GZsound Offline

Cool Edit does it easily.

Simply highlight the portion of the file you want as a track and hit "F8". Keep highlighting and hitting "F8" for as many tracks as you want to create.

Then go to View and select "cue list". Hold CTRL and click on each cue to select it. Then simply tell it to batch, tell it where to save the files and what numbering system to use.

Simple and effective.

I still record all my wife's band rehearsals with Cool Edit 2K and burn a CD for each member after rehearsal.

Mark G.

"You would think after 40 years of practice I would be better".
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: