AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 10:23:11 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2597 Members
Latest Member: miskaudio
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Previous Versions
| | |-+  Cool Edit 2k and Windows Vista
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Cool Edit 2k and Windows Vista  (Read 6402 times)
« on: June 07, 2008, 12:12:02 AM »
RNeff Offline

I have a computer with the horrible 64-bit Windows Vista operating system.  I successfully installed my trusty old version of CE2k and most of the features seem to function normally - with one exception.  When I apply the noise reduction feature I notice that it will always leave a strange waveform "signature" pattern that is about 80 milliseconds in duration with a relatively large amplitude at the beginning of the audio in which the noise reduction was applied.  This noise "spike" is easily removed and it is annoying more than anything.  Does anyone have a solution to this anomaly in CE2k?

I started life with nothing.  I have most of it left.
Reply #1
« on: June 07, 2008, 01:00:24 AM »
MusicConductor Offline

I used to see that with Cool Edit Pro years ago.

A vague recollection: before you capture the noise profile, adjust the selection to zero-crossings.  See if that helps.

If not, you may just have to do some manual cutting and pasting to rescue the killed spot.

This problem, of course, is gone from recent versions of Audition.
Reply #2
« on: September 02, 2008, 05:54:59 AM »
MusicConductor Offline

Good 'nuff, but I would expect that bug in the older versions to show up regardless of the OS.  Main thing is that you're happy with what you're learning!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: