AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 09:32:50 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Previous Versions
| | |-+  Sync problem in Multitrack recording
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Sync problem in Multitrack recording  (Read 6121 times)
« on: January 17, 2008, 10:12:28 AM »
Bert Offline
Never too old to do new things Posts: 200

For field recording I am using an M-Audio Delta 1010 for digitizing a live mixed stereo track and up to 6 tracks from the individual microphones for post production mixing. All tracks are fed from an analog 18 channel mixer.  Despite thorough checking at home for sample accurate sync several times, I experienced severe sync loss between the tracks in 2 recording sessions. Thanks to careful on the stage mixing, I could rely on the stereo track but no post production mixing was available. A deeper  inspection revealed a perfect sync even for  recording more than 2 hours without interrupt. However, as soon as I hit any of the transport controls such as Pause, Stop, or Record, the sync has gone for the next take. Continuing to record results in time shifted tracks of  multiples of 200 ms. I have searched all my settings for this value, but could not find any matching parameter. Using a number of changes such as caching on/off, SMPTE lead time, and many more also gave no improvement.

Avoiding to stop my recording once started prevents me from the experienced failures but it is rather annoying to be unable to pause during the breaks of the performance and leads to unduly big files. I am running AA1.0 under W2K. There are no artefacts indicating shortage of processing power or disk writing speed.

Is there an experienced crack to help me getting rid of this foottrap ?

Reply #1
« on: January 17, 2008, 11:30:05 AM »
ryclark Offline

What timecode source are you using for syncing CoolEdit to and how is the MIDI timecode getting into the PC?
Reply #2
« on: January 17, 2008, 12:36:31 PM »
Bert Offline
Never too old to do new things Posts: 200

There is no time code used. Also there is no midi input since all tracks are recorded simutaneously from microphones on the stage.
Reply #3
« on: February 11, 2008, 07:11:04 PM »
dersh Offline

Have you tried adjusting the buffers?
Reply #4
« on: May 22, 2010, 07:28:25 PM »
Liquid Fusion Offline

options / settings / multitrack - correct for drift / correct for start sync - I have these turned OFF.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: