AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
July 24, 2008, 04:09:39 PM
65105 Posts in 6551 Topics by 2432 Members
Latest Member: fl_2010
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0 & 3.0
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  Multi tracking in 2.0
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Multi tracking in 2.0  (Read 1225 times)
« on: December 12, 2007, 01:08:19 PM »
mattster Offline

Hi there.........

this is my first post............I'm hoping someone out there can help me......after several hours.......actually a ton of hours, I simply cannot add a second track to an existing audio track.  You would think this is pretty straight forward...........well, after many responses on various Forums, the Help menu, etc........Nothing!!!

My M-Audio Delta 44 drivers are installed and preferences set up.......when I arm the second track and hit record in the Transport area and try to listen to let's say a guitar track in my headphones, it starts  recording track 1 again!!

I will be eternally grateful if someone can clarify what the heck I'm not doing.....

Thanks!

Matt
Reply #1
« on: December 12, 2007, 04:17:50 PM »
ryclark Offline

That's because you have Delta Mix or similar set up as your recording source. This is what allows you to hear what you are playing back and recording so should only be used for feeding to your monitor speakers or headphones. You need to select Analogue In 1/2 or the like to record from in the Track input selection box. You may also need to check that all your Delta inputs and outputs are selected for use in the Audio Hardware Setup boxes.
Reply #2
« on: December 12, 2007, 04:50:04 PM »
mattster Offline

i have Analogue In 1/2...selected...........actually, I've tried all 4 of them and I get the same result.....and Delta inputs and outputs are selected for use in the Audio Hardware Setup boxes......thanks!
Reply #3
« on: March 11, 2008, 01:52:03 AM »
thestevenestebans Offline
"Slow Down! Ease your Life!"
'Because We Must!' Posts: 9

i also have m-audio 44, here's what i did: configure the track input and select M-audio line 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 (either Mono or Stereo), because usually, AA2's default settings of the line input is always the Windows settings, that is why you have to configure the settings and make it as your default. by making your setting default, once you will open a new session then your settings will be set up automatically.  hope that helps. Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: