AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
December 12, 2007, 09:17:33 AM
62625 Posts in 6212 Topics by 2165 Members
Latest Member: keith price
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0 & 3.0
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  AA ability to resume
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: AA ability to resume  (Read 715 times)
« on: October 31, 2007, 03:40:49 PM »
gvot Offline

I have always appreciated AA's ability to resume operation with no data loss after PC crashes or accidental reboots. Now it doesn't work anymore. I have somewhat frequent shutdowns of the system (maybe due to using two screens at a time). After that, when I restart AA 2.0, it grossly says: "A 'prog' session has been closed badly, you can restore it now, dump it or restore later". After choosing the first option, it shuts down the application at the same time suggesting to "restart prog". Then, I have a "Runtime error".  What is this?  What can I do without having to reinstall everything?  I use a UA25.

g.

Reply #1
« on: October 31, 2007, 04:31:55 PM »
Stan Oliver Offline

Then, I have a "Runtime error".

Is this the feared r6025 runtime error (Runtime Error! Program: c:\program files\adobe\adobe audition 2.0\ audition exe
r6025 -pure virtual function call)? If yes, it's bad news. Click here: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?128@@.3bca1da5).

Did you install any plugins lately?
Reply #2
« on: November 01, 2007, 10:34:41 AM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

I have somewhat frequent shutdowns of the system (maybe due to using two screens at a time).

I'm curious as to what you mean by 'two screens'.  Do you mean that you have a dual monitor setup, or that you were running two instances of the program?

If the former, then I doubt that is the problem, I have a run a dual monitor system for years without any problems of this nature.  If the latter, then you should be aware that, as far as I know, it has always been inadvisable to do this because of the risk of file corruption or loss.

Reply #3
« on: November 01, 2007, 11:44:35 AM »
gvot Offline

I have a dual monitor setup, and maybe some trouble with the graphic card.  Which I think sometimes is igniting the shutdown.
Later, checking the error log, it says this:

Tipo evento:   Errore
Origine evento:   ati2mtag
Categoria evento:   CRT
ID evento:   45062
Data:      31/10/2007
Ora:      18.11.37
Utente:      N/D
Computer:   UTENTE-6
Descrizione:
CRT invalid display type
Dati:
0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 5a 00   ......Z.
0008: 2c 00 00 00 06 b0 00 c0   ,....°.À
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........

But of course, this has nothing to do with Audition. My problem is just retrieving audio data after those crashes.
What I'm doing now is saving the file every minute or so.

Thanks anyway for your help.

g.
Reply #4
« on: November 01, 2007, 12:02:26 PM »
Stan Oliver Offline

Tipo evento:   Errore
Origine evento:   ati2mtag
Categoria evento:   CRT
ID evento:   45062

[...]

My problem is just retrieving audio data after those crashes.

Your real problem is the crashes! After a little bit of Googling, it looks like an ATI graphics card driver problem. Look here for a description and possible solution: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?p=472491. Suggested solution is to remove current ATI driver, and to install Catalyst driver version 7.6.
Reply #5
« on: November 01, 2007, 12:33:56 PM »
gvot Offline

GRAZIE! Thanks a lot!. I'll do that, but I'll need a bit of time and concentration to avoid mistakes during uninstalling/installing. 
I'd like to spend more of my time working,  than fixing machines that do not work!. 

g.
Reply #6
« on: November 01, 2007, 01:02:57 PM »
Stan Oliver Offline

I'd like to spend more of my time working,  than fixing machines that do not work!

I know what you mean, but every time you have to save your files in order to prevent data loss is not exactly efficient.... Hope it works, and keep us posted!

Ciao!
Reply #7
« on: November 08, 2007, 02:54:29 PM »
gvot Offline

Nothing to do! I'ìve tried the previous drivers (backwards till 7.6 which was supposed to be the "good one"): it doesn't work. Today I installed a new graphic card (x1550 instead x550), whith the latest driver... doesn't work either. It keeps on rebooting the machine three-four times in the afternoon, but only if I'm running AA. I've also tried to run JUST AA, with no other SW running, and... again.    I think I'm going to buy some other PC, maybe a mac. I cannot loose time like this.

Thanks anyway for your help!

g.
Reply #8
« on: November 08, 2007, 03:30:11 PM »
Stan Oliver Offline

Before you get yourself a new PC, consider one or all of these options:
- install AA1.5 and try that (i.e. if you still have a copy somewhere)
- run a freeware registry cleaner (with option to backup your registry before you do the cleaning!)
- did you take the actions in the link I sent you (repair install AA, manual uninstall and new install AA, repair install Windows, format hard drive and new install Windows and AA)?
- it should be working fine by then! And then, you could give your self a nice X-mas present from the money you saved from not buying a new PC (e.g. AA3 wink )
Reply #9
« on: November 08, 2007, 03:57:50 PM »
Aim Day Co Offline

I think I'm going to buy some other PC, maybe a mac. I cannot loose time like this.

Audition won't run on a Mac, Full Stop! Sorry!

Reply #10
« on: November 08, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »
gvot Offline

I know. That's precisely why I keep on using a pc!

g.
Reply #11
« on: November 08, 2007, 05:05:08 PM »
Aim Day Co Offline

It keeps on rebooting the machine three-four times in the afternoon,

This happened to me and the outcome was a new chip. The other one got fried because I wouldn't hoover the dust build-up from behind the M/C. The downside of having a warm but carpeted room.

Reply #12
« on: November 08, 2007, 06:26:25 PM »
gvot Offline

This is a good idea!! In fact, the pc lives out of the window, in a plastic box which is not perfectly sealed and full of dust inside.
(This is because of the noise) Maybe I'll hoover it inside tomorrow!

thanks,

g. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: