AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
November 10, 2007, 02:52:01 PM
62070 Posts in 6139 Topics by 2106 Members
Latest Member: RayH
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  Hardware and Soundcards
| | |-+  1820M reverb setting
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: 1820M reverb setting  (Read 479 times)
« on: September 22, 2007, 11:42:03 PM »
iMediaTouch_Guy Offline

Is there a reverb setting on the Patchmix for the 1820m that will simulate the Fairchild 3 spring reverb that was used in U.S. radio stations in the 70s? I can't really find a seetting that approximates the sound of a station from 1977 that used the Fiairchild in it's  airchain. Any help would be appreciated.

John R. Jordan, CRO
Jordan Broadcast Services
Reply #1
« on: September 23, 2007, 05:39:30 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

From my experiments with this a few months ago, I don't recall hearing anything in the 1820m's built-in effects that sounded anywhere near as bad as a spring reverb!

Reply #2
« on: September 23, 2007, 06:58:48 PM »
iMediaTouch_Guy Offline

From my experiments with this a few months ago, I don't recall hearing anything in the 1820m's built-in effects that sounded anywhere near as bad as a spring reverb!

What I want to do is set up what is called part 15 AM station (with about only 2 mile coverage area) and I am trying to get a similar reverb effect that a station I remember hearing (circa 1977 also on AM) had. I have been told that that station used a Fairchild 3 spring reverb in it's airchain. I guess any non reflective (bouncy type or slap back) type of reverb effect would be comperable. I guess a spring reverb sounded bad, but I don't think I've really heard a good enough recording of one to know. I have a recording of the station I'm trying to simulate, but due to the fact that the transistor radio and tape recorder used to make the recording were not good quality so it's difficult to say.

John R. Jordan, CRO
Reply #3
« on: September 23, 2007, 10:05:40 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

I guess any non reflective (bouncy type or slap back) type of reverb effect would be comperable. I guess a spring reverb sounded bad, but I don't think I've really heard a good enough recording of one to know.

One of the odd things about spring line reverbs is that the better the recording they are on, the worse they sound!

Reply #4
« on: September 26, 2007, 07:47:37 PM »
iMediaTouch_Guy Offline

What would be a good option to use if any?

John R. Jordan, CRO
Reply #5
« on: September 26, 2007, 08:42:31 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Dunno. But you could try a few of the things it says here...

Reply #6
« on: September 27, 2007, 04:06:21 AM »
iMediaTouch_Guy Offline

Dunno. But you could try a few of the things it says here...

Steve, Thanks. According to the link I think a plate verb may be the closest I can come to it with what I have. I'll do some testing and see.

John R. Jordan, CRO
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: