AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 07:47:28 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0, 3.0 & CS5.5
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  Reinstalling advice wanted please
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Reinstalling advice wanted please  (Read 2041 times)
« on: June 06, 2007, 04:32:22 AM »
Nathan Offline

I am going to do a full uninstall reinstall ( as i cant fix my other problem with the program crashing ) , i might have to reinstall XP ?

As I am doing a new set up could anyone please advise me on the best way to make  all the old AA2.0 bits and pieces are gone.

I upgraded from AA1.0 -

Should I download the installer again ? Why cant I find my readme ? I install the msi first yeah ?

Should I reinstall XP ?

Thankyou

I am charmed .
Reply #1
« on: June 06, 2007, 12:30:28 PM »
Stan Oliver Offline

If you want to be sure that all Audition settings are removed, just exit Audition and delete all the files in (typically) C:\Documents and settings\[yourusername]\Application Data\Audition\2.0. Next time you start Audition, the settings are restored to the factory default.

If this does not solve your problem, then do an uninstall of Audition, and repeat the step above.

If you really want to re-install XP, check this information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341. Make sure you backup all your (data) files first.
Reply #2
« on: August 21, 2010, 07:55:02 PM »
jspaceman Offline

I know this is an old thread, but for any future readers I just wanted to thank Stan for the advice on deleting files in the stated folder.  With the same setup, I was having both effects preset problems, as well as an inability to get the program to toggle to the multi-track view.  I deleted those files, restarted, and voila!  No reinstall necessary.  My life, immeasurably improved.  Deep thanks for the knowledge, it has saved me. 
Reply #3
« on: August 25, 2010, 05:28:53 PM »
MusicConductor Offline

Well, that's cool!  Thanks for the good words and welcome to the forum!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: