AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 07:18:04 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Polls
| | |-+  New Forum Opinion
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: New Forum Opinion  (Read 9749 times)
« on: November 26, 2006, 04:30:21 AM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

How do you feel about the new forum, and it's themes?  This is kind of a personal curiosity.  I realize that there are those out there who do not like change, and perhaps some who even don't care.

Reply #1
« on: November 26, 2006, 05:30:06 AM »
PQ Offline

Usually I don't like changes but not here. I like the forum, I like the themes. Though the choice is limted to bluish/whitish/blackish colors.  Somebody may miss greens, reds, yellows and browns smiley. Anyway, the choice is much wider than previously.

I hope that the new forum will run smoothly and there will no more problems with security.

Paweł Kuśmierek
Reply #2
« on: November 26, 2006, 06:02:36 AM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

Some of the themes actually come with options to change their colors.

The Ig-Oh theme can be the default blue, or green.

Helios can be silver, green, red, blue, or golden.  Although, the changes in color are subtle.

PnPn can be slate gray, blue, red, green, or orange.

There are other themes that can be added if there is enough interest.  You can view these themes here.
Most of them were created for the newest release candidate that is not stable, but they can be installed even though some of the features will not operate (like the newest memeber, and other stats on the home page).

Reply #3
« on: November 26, 2006, 06:07:18 AM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

I forgot to mention that the color changes are made by the administrator.

Reply #4
« on: November 26, 2006, 12:22:29 PM »
zemlin Offline

I voted "I don't care", but I'm between the first two.  The changes don't seem to have taken anything away from AM - I'm using the NEPTUNE theme which seems to be a good layout.  I don't need a big bunch of different themes, just as long as there's one good one.   smiley

As always, thanks to the ADMIN team for the time and effort that keeps this forum ticking.[/color]

Reply #5
« on: November 27, 2006, 03:35:33 AM »
hornet777 Offline

I guess it really doesn't matter to me much either since I have page layouts turned off in IE (tho I use Maxthon actually). Still, the new layout and arrangement of the forum is cool, that is more functional. I guess the real important thing is that its up.  grin

After all has been invested in correctness, then how does it stand with truth?
Reply #6
« on: November 29, 2006, 08:41:59 PM »
oretez Offline

I appreciate the diligent, and largely thankless work that all of this takes.  This forum, as a 'thing' itself rather then merely a data repository, has always reflected an artistry that has to be appreciated over time, not unlike (with apologies to Eric Blair) a John Cage composition

superficially I find new format less aesthetically appealing then the old.  Though not for any reason I can pin down.  Certainly for nothing that could be fixed by modifying a color scheme.  Some of it might well be due to familiarity with the 'old' and that I seldom peruse forum with discrete focus.  I'm almost always doing at least a handful of other things so navigating it is dependent on muscle memory

but nothing about surface of forum changes would have raised to level that would have triggered any conscious response if it weren't for this thread

it was only after seeing this poll (first new one in so long) that I went back and reviewed the top of the chart maintenance threads

anyway, whether I like the color schemes or not I genuinely appreciate the effort
Reply #7
« on: November 29, 2006, 10:21:58 PM »
Cal Offline

FWIW, I've found the Apollo theme very clean and readable.  It's shades of gray and gray-blue, but then, I find brazen colors disturbing when it comes to reading so Apollo fits me perfectly.  Plus, it has a small face overlay showing threads I've posted in previously.  A nice touch.

Reply #8
« on: December 12, 2006, 06:08:52 AM »
blurk Offline

superficially I find new format less aesthetically appealing then the old.  Though not for any reason I can pin down.  Certainly for nothing that could be fixed by modifying a color scheme.  Some of it might well be due to familiarity with the 'old' and that I seldom peruse forum with discrete focus.  I'm almost always doing at least a handful of other things so navigating it is dependent on muscle memory
I've been busy for the last few weeks, so missed all the fun.  I can see the admins have also been busy.  I haven't voted yet, because I think I should give things a bit more of a chance.  But my first impressions echo oretez's sentiments.  I've glanced through the choice of themes, and found one which I didn't immediately hate.  I'd like some more choices with a sans-serif font (most of the themes seemed to used a serif font, which renders in an ugly fashion here).  I'm struggling with the layouts, because so many of the other forums I use are phpBB-based, I just automatically look in the right places to navigate.  But, like I said, these are just first impressions from before I've had a chance to really get used to things.

FWIW, I've found the Apollo theme very clean and readable.  It's shades of gray and gray-blue, but then, I find brazen colors disturbing when it comes to reading so Apollo fits me perfectly.  Plus, it has a small face overlay showing threads I've posted in previously.  A nice touch.
Hmm.  Apollo looks nice, colour-wise.  It'd be nice if there were something similar but with a sans-serif font.

Update: December 18, 2006:
Hmmm.  I quite like the new default theme that came with the most recent (as of the 18th) forum upgrade.
Reply #9
« on: February 07, 2007, 12:17:51 AM »
Stunt Offline

I really don't care how it looks as long it's up and we can talk about audio software.

[ PNP: StuntF50 | XBL: StuntF50 ] [ Rap Underground ]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: