AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
December 15, 2007, 08:20:06 AM
62671 Posts in 6217 Topics by 2168 Members
Latest Member: offTheRecord
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  Radio, TV and Video Production
| | |-+  Se what you guys think
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Se what you guys think  (Read 1147 times)
« on: April 27, 2006, 06:06:19 PM »
Best_Producer Offline

We have just finished re-imaging our oldies station. Our VO guy is Al Conners the former vo guy for K-Earth 101 in LA and I added all of the sound efx to them.

Let me know what you guy's think.
Reply #1
« on: April 27, 2006, 10:26:34 PM »
iMediaTouch_Guy Offline

Quote from: Best_Producer
We have just finished re-imaging our oldies station. Our VO guy is Al Conners the former vo guy for K-Earth 101 in LA and I added all of the sound efx to them.

Let me know what you guy's think.

Hey I work with Al he's a really nice guy! Small world.

I remember you Best Producer you work at our (First Media Radio) Roanoake Rapids group.

John R. Jordan, CRO
Jordan Broadcast Services
Reply #2
« on: April 28, 2006, 08:22:53 AM »
BFM Offline

Creatively very good, the only thing some other producers might feel is that it could all be a bit tighter, it sounds a little loose, but maybe I've been listening to too much of the other hot formats.

Keep up the good work!
Reply #3
« on: May 22, 2006, 05:57:19 PM »
poopsie Offline

THey sound good, I would agree with Bernie though.  They could be just a little bit tighter.  Also, another thing that Marty (Martysproduction.com) taught me and I have always used is to never use JUST production effects in a sweeper.  Always have some sort of music underneath, it really helps to keep the momentum up and its a great lead into the next song, liner, etc.  Sometimes in an 8 or 10 second sweeper, I may use 3 to 4 beds with effects.  Good job!
Reply #4
« on: May 31, 2006, 04:32:46 PM »
Tomcat Offline

The only place I thought it sounded "loose" was when it transitioned from one element to another, therefore I thought it sounded fine (although I'd lose the "Homer" drop).

Tom Robinson
Creative Services Director
Clear Channel/Grand Rapids-Muskegon
Michigan USA
Reply #5
« on: June 04, 2006, 06:15:38 PM »
MartysProduction_dot_com Offline

Best Producer,

Hey there.  This is a good demo.  One thing about an oldies format, is they are MOSTLY jingled out.  Meaning--almost every piece that runs on the air is either just a jingle or piggy backed with a little vo goin into a jingle.  Thats cool, there just isnt a LOT of room for creativity.  Oldies listeners are typically a little older, and they dont wanna hear all that flashy stuff.  If this was just a post to get some opinions, thats cool--BUT if this was a demo you were posting to get more work--is this what you would want to post?  Probably not, get some of your GREAT SHINING stuff and make a demo out of that......its great work!  Oh yeah, id SO lose the homer drops, they are PLAYED out and remember when pieces of imaging have "drops" in them, the burn is usually 10 to 1--meaning you are tired of it after the first 10 plays, or less.  Think about that when you make pieces with drops.  Drops for me work better in promos, cuz theyll only run a certain amount of time.  YOU make the imaging pieces not the drop...know what I mean?  Again, great work.  Post more when you can.

Poopsie, THANK YOU MAN for the mention! I havent been able to get on here lately, I suppose its time for more demos.  I hope all is well.

Smiles,

Marty Mitchell, CENM
Chief Executive Noize Maker
www.MartysProduction.com
The BEST Noize You'll Ever Hear!™
Reply #6
« on: June 15, 2006, 03:50:11 PM »
Best_Producer Offline

Thanks guys for all of your help. and I will keep posting as I do more work.
Reply #7
« on: July 19, 2006, 01:10:19 AM »
audioconnell Offline

Tighter with the voice and jingle elements....just a hair to much space.

I'm sure Al is a great guy and does awesome work but the vocal quality (while totally professional) didn't fit with the imaging sound, I thought.

-PETER
www.audioconnell.com
audio'connell Voice Over Talent
World Wide Voice Over Talent
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: