AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 04:06:21 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition Wish List
| | |-+  cleanup of obsolete WAV files - an interim solution
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: cleanup of obsolete WAV files - an interim solution  (Read 11318 times)
« on: March 24, 2006, 02:22:17 PM »
zenpicker Offline

All, if you're like me you tend to accumulate lots of obsolete WAV files as you record takes and then discard them from your multitrack view.  AA does not delete these files even if you use the Close Unused Media option...they hang around, complete with their unwieldy file names, eating up disk space.  

This was really bugging me so I wrote a little freeware utility to handle it.  All it does is detect which files are actually being used in your current multitrack session (actually, which files are open in your Files window) and then give you the option to relocate or permanently erase the rest.  The utility can be run from the Favorites menu.  At present it only supports AA 2.0.

I've now made this thing a part of my working environment and I use it all the time, since my main machine is a laptop and disk space is always at a premium.  Some people on Adobe's official Audition forum have vetted it fairly well too.  If you want to try it, the download site is here:

http://www.edwardhamlin.com/afc_download.shtml

Please also download the manual I've posted, as it contains some important caveats and tips.

This is still a work in progress, so suggestions always welcome.  Hope you find it helpful.

Edward
Reply #1
« on: March 24, 2006, 03:18:17 PM »
Aim Day Co Offline

Edward, thanks very much for that. A nice thought indeed and I could see me using it immediately.

Regards

Mark

Reply #2
« on: March 24, 2006, 04:25:38 PM »
zenpicker Offline

great! be sure to feed back any suggestions, as this is hot of the presses and now's the best time to tweak it if need be, while it's fresh in my mind.

cheers

Edward
Reply #3
« on: July 06, 2008, 06:28:07 AM »
EDF Offline

Thanks Smiley
Reply #4
« on: July 07, 2008, 05:52:51 PM »
zenpicker Offline

Just an update - the latest version of Audio File Cleanup (3.0) does now support Audition 3.  There are a number of other improvements as well.  Sorry not to have updated this post with that information sooner but quite honestly it had fallen off radar.

[edited 12/25/08 to remove obsolete download address]

Thanks for your ongoing interest, all...judging from the daily downloads it appears this tool does fill a need.   wink

Edward
Reply #5
« on: December 25, 2008, 02:52:23 PM »
zenpicker Offline

Just an update to the download site, which is back to:

http://www.edwardhamlin.com/afc_download.shtml

As a thank-you for the ongoing interest in this tool, I have also decreased the registration fee to $12.  I appreciate all the inputs and am delighted it's of use to folks.  Happy holidays at all!

Edward
Reply #6
« on: December 26, 2008, 01:54:10 AM »
runaway Offline

I have also decreased the registration fee to $12

You should probably update that new fee on your web page

Reply #7
« on: December 26, 2008, 02:41:54 AM »
zenpicker Offline

Good catch!  I changed it in one place but neglected to on the download page.  Thanks.  All set now.

Edward
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: