AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 11:45:53 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2597 Members
Latest Member: miskaudio
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  OT Posts
| | |-+  Member Map
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author
Sticky Topic Topic: Member Map  (Read 20936 times)
Reply #15
« on: February 12, 2006, 08:36:57 PM »
Havoc Offline

Okay, too fast that one.

Expert in non-working solutions.
Reply #16
« on: February 12, 2006, 09:07:18 PM »
plook Offline

And, why for the USA does the Map Legend read:

Guys (100%)
 Gals (0%)

...when Despised7 is clearly not male?
Reply #17
« on: February 12, 2006, 11:43:08 PM »
Aim Day Co Offline

Is he not? Cheesy  and I thought she.......what about me, I'm British AND Irish wink

Mark

Reply #18
« on: February 13, 2006, 12:13:05 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Quote from: plook

Guys (100%)
 Gals (0%)

I think that if you look at the legend, you'll see that it's a slightly different colour (but not really different enough), which distinguishes Despised7 as being the owner of this Frappr.

Reply #19
« on: February 13, 2006, 02:01:14 AM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

Quote from: SteveG

Guys (100%)
 Gals (0%)

I think that if you look at the legend, you'll see that it's a slightly different colour (but not really different enough), which distinguishes Despised7 as being the owner of this Frappr.

LMAO.....I thought the same exact thing when I first created it!  I checked my profile twice to make sure that I selected "male", but I guess I'm doomed to the "not male, but not-quite female" color.   rolleyes  embarassed

Reply #20
« on: February 15, 2006, 06:23:55 AM »
plook Offline

embarassed

Hmmmmm, that sort of color ambiguity is pretty confusing considering there is no mention an "owner" color elsewhere on the page. Now that I look at it more critically there is indeed a subtle difference in the shade of red but it isn't something you would examine given that there is a legend at the bottom showing red and blue pegs.

Please ignore the Valentine e-card I sent when I thought you were female, Despised.  cheesy heheh
Reply #21
« on: February 17, 2006, 03:50:20 AM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

embarassed

Hmmmmm, that sort of color ambiguity is pretty confusing considering there is no mention an "owner" color elsewhere on the page. Now that I look at it more critically there is indeed a subtle difference in the shade of red but it isn't something you would examine given that there is a legend at the bottom showing red and blue pegs.

Please ignore the Valentine e-card I sent when I thought you were female, Despised.  cheesy heheh

Haha!  Nice!  For some reason my color has changed to blue.  Hmmmm...

Reply #22
« on: February 19, 2006, 08:05:57 PM »
bonnder Offline

Quote from: Despised7
It works via postal code, so it won't actually pin-point your exact location...but it will put you in the right area.

http://www.frappr.com/audiomasters

I clicked on the "Edit" buttons for my entry, selected "Hybrid" (map and satellite picture superimposed), zoomed in, and was able to place my pin right on my house.  I clicked "Save Marker Position", and then exited out back to the main page.  Still, when I click on my pin and then click on "Zoom > Street", that pin has not moved to the new location over my house (the pin seems to be randomly placed in the middle of Van Nuys).  Of what use, then, is the ability to edit the location of the pin?  Zemlin's pin seems to be attached to a specific house, so I'm assuming the pin can be moved.

This is fun.
Reply #23
« on: February 19, 2006, 10:55:56 PM »
groucho Offline

Heh... if your pin is correctly placed, bonnder, you live about 3 blocks from where I used to live in Van Nuys.Smiley

Small world.

Chris
Reply #24
« on: February 20, 2006, 05:07:48 AM »
bonnder Offline

Small world indeed.  When were you in Van Nuys?

The pin should actually be just to the right of the phrase "Pinecrest Elementary School" on Sherman Way - up and to the right of the pin's current location.  As I stated, I changed the pin's location in my edit screen, but that change does not translate to the screen that seems to be available to the general public.
Reply #25
« on: February 20, 2006, 05:53:40 AM »
groucho Offline

I was there for a couple years around 2000-2002. Roundabout by Sherman Way and Haskell.

But I mostly lived at the Liquid Zoo on Sepulveda...Smiley

Chris
Reply #26
« on: February 20, 2006, 06:58:51 AM »
Andrew Rose Offline

Anyone else feel/find this Frappr thing is generating a certain amount of spam? I got this today:

Hi Andrew Rose,

DOWN CLOTHING from Chino (CA) would like to be your friend and join your Friend Map

Click or go to the link below to add DOWN CLOTHING to your map.

http://www.frappr.com/?a=myfrappr

Sincerely,

The Frappr Team

Reply #27
« on: February 20, 2006, 08:36:10 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Quote from: Andrew Rose
Anyone else feel/find this Frappr thing is generating a certain amount of spam?

I'd guessed that it was inevitably going to be a spam generator, which is why I gave it my 'spam' email address, and set frappr to be junk mail.

Reply #28
« on: February 20, 2006, 08:55:38 PM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

I haven't noticed any spam from frappr yet.  Although, I'm using my gmail account that pretty much catches all spam.  I didn't see anything in the junk folder though.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: