AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 09:07:08 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0, 3.0 & CS5.5
| | |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0
| | | |-+  Problem with RME Card and Playback
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author
Topic: Problem with RME Card and Playback  (Read 4432 times)
« on: January 27, 2006, 01:37:06 PM »
Thomas W. Bethel Offline

Looked to see if this has been covered before....

love my RME digi96 PAD 8 card and we have one of them in each our mastering studios. They work well with all of my programs including Wavelab, Samplitude, Sound Forge and Adobe Audition 1.5. We recently upgraded to Audition 2.0 and I cannot get the audio to playback. I have contacted Adobe and spoke to a really helpful support person but he was not able to help me. The problem is that the file will playback in the find window using the play file button just not in the normal edit or multitrack window. I I can see the file moving and the meters moving but it will not play back though my Benchmark DAC-1) I am using the latest drivers on the RME site (2.11) and the card is showing up correctly in the audio hardware window as Digi96 serie which is the way it shows up in all the other programs.  This is ONLY happening in Adobe 2.0 and I can record in the program just not playback.

Any suggestions or help would be most appreciated

-TOM-

Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
Room with a View Productions
Oberlin, OH 44074
440-775-3681
www.acoustikmusik.com
Reply #1
« on: January 27, 2006, 01:41:04 PM »
ozpeter Offline

Make sure you have the correct settings in all three tabs of Edit > Audio Hardware Setup.  Then check the options in Options > Monitoring in multitrack view.  Then check that you have the output from the Master track (at the bottom) routed to the correct destination.
Reply #2
« on: January 27, 2006, 01:44:17 PM »
Thomas W. Bethel Offline

Yep checked all of them. Thanks for the reply.

-TOM-

Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
Oberlin, OH 44074
440-775-3681
www.acoustikmusik.com
Reply #3
« on: January 27, 2006, 11:58:07 PM »
ozpeter Offline

What happens if you use Edit > Audio Hardware Setup > Audition Windows Sound > Control Panel and select a non-ASIO driver there?

Or, try the freeware Asio4All driver which gives better results here than my soundcard's own driver.
Reply #4
« on: January 30, 2006, 12:47:31 PM »
Thomas W. Bethel Offline

It says " You have selected a driver for an ASIO device that is not available"

FWIW

-TOM-

Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
Oberlin, OH 44074
440-775-3681
www.acoustikmusik.com
Reply #5
« on: February 03, 2006, 11:55:06 AM »
Thomas W. Bethel Offline

Been on the phone a lot with the folks from Adobe and RME and it looks like a problem in the Audition setup and my card. My card thinks Adobe is sending it a ADAT signal instead of a two track stereo signal. I can get analog output out of my card but the AES/EBU output is non active due to getting a multitrack signal that it does not understand. Any additional thoughts?

-TOM-

Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
Oberlin, OH 44074
440-775-3681
www.acoustikmusik.com
Reply #6
« on: February 03, 2006, 01:52:56 PM »
ozpeter Offline

Something worth checking when almost any problem arises is to see whether more than one instance of Audition is running in the task manager process list.  Sort the list alphabetically which makes it pretty clear if there is more than one audition.exe running.  If so, exit from the program, kill any audition process still running, and try again.  I'm just wondering whether the program thinks the card is already in use.
Reply #7
« on: February 19, 2006, 03:01:41 PM »
Thomas W. Bethel Offline

I got a call from Adobe. They have duplicated the problem with the RME Card. Some how the Adobe Audition 2.0 program is telling the card it is sending a multichannel output to the AES/EBU output which the card cannot handle (it can handle it to the toslink ouput as an ADAT signal). I can get the two track output to play though the analog output of my RME card with no problems but that does not help me since all of our monitoring is though our Benchmark DAC-1.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

-TOM-

Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
Oberlin, OH 44074
440-775-3681
www.acoustikmusik.com
Reply #8
« on: April 10, 2010, 07:40:02 AM »
ebrjvd Offline

Dear Thomas,

I'm having the same symptom.
With older versions (1.5 and earlier), this problem didn't exist.

Did you receive a solution?

Cheers,
Jos
Reply #9
« on: April 10, 2010, 11:36:37 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

You're very unlikely to get a direct answer to this, I'm afraid - this thread is four years old and the originator has not been heard from since... and also on their website, Acoustik Music don't claim to be using Audition any more.

Reply #10
« on: April 12, 2010, 01:50:54 PM »
ebrjvd Offline

It should be possible to provide a small patch to set the digital output in 2 channel stereo mode instead of 8 channel ADAT.

Why was the ASIO interface with RME digi96 changed from v1.5 to v2.0?

Jos
Reply #11
« on: April 12, 2010, 02:56:41 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Why was the ASIO interface with RME digi96 changed from v1.5 to v2.0?

It wasn't - it never existed in 1.5 in the first place! 2.0 was the first version to use ASIO.

Reply #12
« on: May 29, 2010, 02:45:21 PM »
ebrjvd Offline

The problem was about the support of digital stereo output for the RME DIGI96/8 card.
This does work with v1.5, but not with v2.0 or v3.

So there must have been a change (drivers?) from v1.5 to v2.0 which forces the digital output to ADAT mode, even if stereo is requested.
Reply #13
« on: May 29, 2010, 03:07:28 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

If you install 2.0 or 3.0 and don't install a properly functioning ASIO driver for the sound device, then that would be all it would probably take to stop it working properly. The Audition Windows Driver isn't anything like the previous Audition audio drivers at all.

Reply #14
« on: June 03, 2010, 05:29:51 PM »
ebrjvd Offline

Of course I installed the RME drivers, but apparently Audition v2 and v3 force the RME Digi96/8 digital output in ADAT mode.
With Audition v1.5, everything is fine, so something went wrong from v2 onwards.

See first message in this thread by Thomas W. Bethel.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: